Skip to content

General

96 results found

1. Provide better examples of narrative flow for Narrators

I've seen a trend in all the games I've played lately. Narrator opens the scene, everyone gets one response, playing as many cards as possible to beat the challenge, narrator closes the scene. Players don't get to make followup actions or ping back and forth in dialogue with other players.

This might be a playstyle thing, but in the game with Stephen Hood, Sage LaTorra, and Ryan Macklin, "The Lady Vanishes," the narrator responds and moves action along seamlessly between each character's move. There is space for back-and-forth dialogue (all done without using cards to move towards completing a challenge)…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Let Narrators limit posting frequency

Narrators can suggest a pace, such as "Normal (2-3 scenes per week)", but Players able to move more frequently than the suggested pace risk moving the story too quickly for others to participate.

In lieu of a fixed posting order, it'd be helpful if Narrators could optionally enforce move frequency limits on Players to prevent some Players from running away with a Scene.

For example, Pat and Erin are playing a Scene. The Narrator could configure the Scene to prevent Players from moving more than two more times than any other Player in a 12-hour span.

Pat moves twice in…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Character Info hover

When you hover over an avatar of other player in the game, the character info automatically comes up. This would be helpful, especially for larger games, to get a quick overview of players character's without having to scroll to the top and click on the avatar.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Group Notifications Together

I'm involved in several games and a notification for every comment and move can get overwhelming - perhaps grouping notifications since last viewing such as "Several people commented" or "several players have moved" might work better

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Link public commentary to the time of moves

Reading the excellent The Lady Vanishes is enhanced by the backchannel-like discussion/commentary, but it isn't clear when moves are being commented on, or 'spoiled' in the commentary. An optional or unobtrusive indicator of the link in time between the two sets of text would be great.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. BUG: No cancel button on the "Give feedback"

I started to add feedback, then saw that someone else already had in "More matches" section. There is no obvious cancel button to get me off the Give feedback dialog box, escape doesn't work, etc, and yet I don't want to post an idea! How can we close this without posting something?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Whoa weird, you are right! There is supposed to be an “X” in the upper right corner of that window. In fact, it’s there, and if you tap or click in the corner it will close the window. But for some reason the “X” itself is invisible. We will investigate!

7. Improve the UI of the All Notifications feed

It would be nice if all the notifications from one story were grouped (perhaps with a graphical element), or people somehow saw only the most recent notification from each game, or color-coding, or something to improve the wall-o-text.

Thanks!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Guilds/Clubs/Societies

I would love to have a way to meet like minded people, and have some kind of official forum to chat in, swap ideas, hints, tricks, tips, or just brag. Some examples would be a Narrator's board, a D&D player's board, a board for each world, a board for world building, a board of art, a board for religious people of various belief systems (or for atheists), a board for feminists, a board for LGBTQ, (these last few could be really good, as they would allow players to find like minded players more easily).

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. "To the Top" function

In the mobile set-up specifically you can scroll forever and not find the bottom or the top of a page but there can still be a lot of scrolling in the browser as well. I would like to see a "to the top" option after each person's post and at the top a "To the Comments" and "To the Bottom" option as well as a footer with a link to the home page in it. These options will make site navigation easier on a mobile device and in standard browsers.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow challenge point overrides

So, I understand that you usually only have three points per player per scene. It would be nice to allow a Narrator override if the fiction warrants or the players choose.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. show characters as 100% when complete rather than 95%

After filling out all the cards, adding a description, adding an image (with attribution) and a note for the narrator, the character is still shown as 95% complete.

I spent a minute looking around for other things to fill out before I decided to just hit the submit for approval button anyway, which bumped it up to 100% complete.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. Ironically, what you describe is how it used to work — it used to read 100% at that point. But the problem was that a large number of people interpreted that to mean that they were “done” and didn’t realize they still needed to hit that final button to actually submit their character. So we seem to have confusion here either way! :)

12. Make the interface arrows stand out a little better

One of my players who came in at the second scene didn't know there was any way to go back to the first scene, because his eyes passed right over the grey arrow that blended into the background. Maybe a brighter color or something? And/or a caption "Previous Scene"?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make game info and other characters more visible during creation

I see that another comment was posted about this and it was indicated that this was now smoother...I disagree. There's still no way to view the game summary and other characters when creating a character without flipping back and forth between views. Is there a way to have it all on the creation page, possibly in an abbreviated form that pops out with more detail if needed? It'd really speed up creation.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Categorise or allow filtering of games with keywords in their description

Because I don't want to play one of the eleventy vampire based games that show up in EVERY damn role play type place.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Offer 'Sliders' for either characters or stories

Many games explicitly have, or are often described, with the phrase 'sliders' - Much like these UI elements, the idea is that it represents movement back and forth across a continuum of options.

How 'Hard' is the science in our SF game? How much is this game split between Mystery and Horror? How much control of NPC's does the Gm want to cede to players? Of course, you can't think of every one of these continuums, so why not make them an option for Narrators to use when describing their game? These are ubiquitous web elements already, and could be…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Character bio text needs to be visible in popup under the cast list

There is a small free form bio section attached to each player character. It would be nice if that was shown in the rollover popup for the Cast area.

I noticed this was marked completed as in Alpha 2, but I don't see it on the rollover.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. In Alpha 2 we have added more character info to the popups, but you’re right that the bio is still not shown. This is mostly a space consideration, because bios can be quite long (and many are). We’ll noodle on how we might be able to fit this in…

17. Outcome colors aren't color-blind friendly

The colors used to denote a strong and weak outcome look very similar to someone with protanopia, like me. Uncertain is pretty distinct, but strong and weak look almost identical. This is why I'm generally not a fan of using red and green to represent opposing concepts.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. nickname on the site

Opps - when I 1st registered and filled out the nickname for this site, I did not realize that I could not change it. Thus, I used my MMO gaming handle... which sounds ... well, it gives a bad impression in context of this writing/gaming site. Can you either let players change their nicknames within the 1st day of signing up, or post a message in the sign up form that lets users know that their nickname cannot be changed so think it through?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good point, thanks for the feedback! Meanwhile, please open a support ticket (which is private) and let us know your current nickname and what you would like it changed to — we’ll fix it. :)

19. Help a first time narrator with their first scene.

I have two challenges, 1 point each, and no one has made a move yet, but it says all challenges are defeated and I should consider ending the scene.

Am I doing something wrong?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. View challenge history

From the play a card section it would be really useful to be able to somehow view all the posts the relate to a particular challenge. When there is lots going on, it's sometimes hard to remember everyone's moves and it would be good to be able to use previous responses as inspiration for your own move, or at least so you can write with consistently with the action.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General