Skip to content

General

1026 results found

1. make pre-made character cards transfer/copy to player cards

When creating pre-made characters, narrators create a nature and other cards for these characters. Those cards should populate the player cards section automatically so they are available for selection to the player base. Right now, if I want to have the same nature assigned to a pre-made and available as a player option, I have to make the card twice. I recognize that if I create a nature as a player option first it is made available to pre-made characters, I think it should also work the other way around. Thanks!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Chatbox

I thought it might be interesting to suggest an inbuilt chatbox on the side of the screen or Pop out chatbox that online users could use and chat while they were online.
    I understand that there are other places like Discord and slack being used, but these things usually require an added program.
    A pop out chat box is a feature built into Web coding (which I don't need to point out to the coding gods) But it would give people a place to hang that are online and waiting between moves or just chilling and reading. it would be…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Bug fix: "Nudge Players" Narrator option just spins when selected, never completes

When I selected the "nudge players" for my game "Scrapjack: A Knack for Trouble" ( https://storium.com/game/scrapjack-a-knack-for-trouble/chapter-1/scene-2 ) the spinner appeared but never stopped.

in looking in the console, the 'poke' command returned a 200 so great, but there was an error reported in the console itself.

Perhaps in resetting the button state from busy to "complete"?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Formatting or Paragraph breaks on card outcomes

IDK about other people but I can write pretty detailed info in my Strong and Weak card outcome sections, usually because part will be IC and another OOC instructions.

I can deal with no basic formatting (though it makes me sad i can't put things in bold or italics), but having no paragraph breaks really makes stuff difficult to read. If paragraph breaks could at least be registered and have some spacing between them, that would be a solid Awesome.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow Animated gif's as move images

Animated Gif's would allow us to create a Visuel novel effect with light looping movements to bring it more to life, mostly for those of us who like to draw/animate our own.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. BUG - Free player problem

This might be a problem that only I am experiencing...
    For the beginner games, it says that they do not count towards the 3-game limit that free players have but I am unable to join them?
    I am also only in 2 games.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow card refresh during a scene

Card refresh should take place whenever a character uses up all of their strength and weakness cards. Narrators should not be forced to play a mini-game called 'how to manage to end your scene where all players get a refresh without losing your mind.'

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow players to attach a location card to a post

In this way if there are multiple things going on at different locations, each one having a card, a player can easily mark their post as taking place at a certain location in a visual way that other players and narrators can tell at a glance, rather than the narrator having to force players to use certain headers in their posts and go around hand-slapping all the time.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow characters to start with more than one *different* strenth card and more than one *different* weakness card.

It makes no sense to me to restrict characters to starting the game with only one strength and weakness (multiple copies of the same card are something different). In some games this is fine, in others, it would be nice to allow -even require- players to plan out their characters a little more in advance than just having one strength and one weakness, and without having to play tricks such as everyone having a load of wild cards, adding such information to the character bio - or using asset cards as strengths and weaknesses. The game already has strength and…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Forever Offline Characters

If a character is offline for more than about 2 months without vacation mode on, you should hand off all the characters in the games that they were in, that way the hosts/narrators can continue the game. I've had several of these issues, and I'm sure many other people have too.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hold Narrators/Hosts Accountable

I don't know precisely how you would implement this, but I sure wish there was some check on the enormous number of hosts/narrators I've seen who set their game speed to the 'normal' 2-3 scenes per week, but actually move it along more like one scene every two weeks. Narrators/hosts should be called out by the system for not even trying to stick to their posted speed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. add an optional Challenge Outcome for Neutral

Sometimes a Strong and Weak outcome is enough for a narrator. Sometimes a Narrator wants to have different Strong, Neutral and Weak outcomes.

I suggest a checkbox for "Enable Neutral Outcome" which adds a new text input and text field between Strong and Weak.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add options to change text/text box colour

Or something to allow for more accessibility with posts. Something to help people with dyslexia, colour blindness and light sensitivity.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Non-permanent rejections

I was unaware when I was rejecting characters for my limited-space game would mean that players who had prior applied but been denied would mean that they could never reapply. This seems extreme. Sometimes games just get a ton of applications and only have space for a handful, but spots open back up later on and people might want to reapply, but can't. Please provide an option like "not right now" or something so that players aren't banned from ever reapplying.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Storium 2?

I love Storium!! But maybe we could have a Storium, and a Storium 2? We can link our Storium account to Storium 2, but the second one could have more features. It'd also help lots of people, because I know I'm not the only one checking Storium after being gone for a few days, and coming back to no notifications. :)
    (Sorry, I know I didn't explain this well!)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Storium 2?

I love Storium!! But maybe we could have a Storium, and a Storium 2? We can link our Storium account to Storium 2, but the second one could have more features. It'd also help lots of people, because I know I'm not the only one checking Storium after being gone for a few days, and coming back to no notifications. :)
    (Sorry, I know I didn't explain this well!)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. New "Character Graveyard " Forum category

I love Storium, but it's not always easy to keep a game alive, which is a shame because sometimes you have great characters, but then no game for them. I would love to have a forum specifically for people who have a character but nowhere to put them. I know there is the looking for group section, but having a place to collect all the characters in one place might be an easier way to find them/keep them from getting buried under other posts. Plus could be a fun way support people who have developed someone cool/spark story ideas, even…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. add markdown formatting to Challenge Cards

Could you please add Markdown formatting for Challenge cards? Markdown is used almost everywhere else, even Strength/Weakness cards. It makes sense to allow at least a limited subset in challenges, especially when trying to provide sensible direction to players.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. have the Narrator tutorial talk at least a little bit about planning a game.

For people new to Storium, I think one has to go and find a blog post in order to get advice on some fundamentals on how one goes about planning a game. Sure, the tutorial is great at showing some of the basics on how the cards work, but I think what is needed is to help newbies start thinking about how to set up a game from a story perspective. In other words, how to think about a game from the Narrator's perspective, what needs to be prepared in advance, and what should organically arise during play. Even though…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 51 52
  • Don't see your idea?