Skip to content

General

1026 results found

1. Dark Site Version

I'm not a fan of all white sites and perhaps a switch to a black/white site would do my eyes some good :) Thank you~

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 78 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. ...localize the game for other languages.

Hi. I'm German, though I'd like to think my English is pretty good. Now, I happen to know a goodly amount of other Germans who enjoy writing, storytelling or role-playing. Not all of them speak English to any appreciable amount but the basic idea of your project would most certainly appeal to them.

Now I realize that you need to get Storium off the ground first before you can do anything else but I would strongly suggest seeking localization for German and French at the very least. Or barring that, explicitly stating that it's okay to run stories in a…

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Give Narrator full edit control always

Sometimes mistakes happen, retcons need to be applied. Please give the narrator the ability to edit everything in the story at any time. Hopefully experienced players will rarely need it, but even the best players make mistakes.

145 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Tag Categories

Ability to tag a story with categories users can search to find games they would be interested in.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be great if there was some kind of search function within a story

...to be able to search for the occurrence of a certain word/s in a story, for instance, "golden harp". This would allow a player to be able to read all the times this has appeared in the story and refresh ones memory of how and when it was mentioned. At the moment trying to keep up continuity without having to re-read the whole pervious story is quite hard.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 'Last one to play always wins'

In the current framework, the last person to play a card on a Challenge gets to write the outcome for that Challenge (assuming it's not the Narrator).

That's a bit problematic in that other players can do all the 'work' (so to speak) of playing Strengths and lining up a strong outcome, but it's the person who gets in last that actually gets the narrative control.

Best case scenario, that can mean that a player who simply hasn't had the time to respond right away (which is the case in my group) suddenly gets the narrative power and is put…

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks very much for that thoughtful feedback. This is one of the key mechanisms we are evaluating in this playtest, so it’s great to hear what you think about it.

The idea behind this mechanism is the “winner gets to narrate” model encourages people to play more cards sooner and make moves faster, so as to win control more often. Essentially, it’s a carrot to motivate people to “play harder”. And since playing your cards gets you closer to getting new cards, it is always a good thing to do it, even when you don’t end up winning the challenge.

Now, whether or not this is all actually true — and effective — remains to be seen. We’re keeping a close eye on it and will keep your feedback in mind for sure! Stay tuned…

8. Who favorites my game?

I noticed my game has been favorited by people. I can see why making favorites public may be a bit intrusive, but it would be cool if I could know whether these are actual people outside my game interested in what's going on, if it's the players within my game, or what. Basically, I'd like it if favorites worked more like followers on Twitter.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Not require three identical strength/weakness cards in character creation.

I realize people have lots of opinions about this.

My instinct would be to have one "constant" Strength or Weakness that returns to the player's hand after play, like a permanent schtick. You still get three choose-your-own and one write-your-own.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

FYI, we are still looking at this but the initial Gamma launch will have an evolutionary improvement. New characters will start with:

2 Strength cards
    2 wild Strength card
    2 Weakness cards
    2 wild Weakness cards

This gives you more flexibility at the start of the game (which you need it the most, because your character is new and not well-developed) without making the character creation process itself more complex.

10. All Player Accessible NPC information page?

A simple editable document (basic formatting and bullet points) attached to each game, accessible to players and Narrators only, to jot notes to maintain continuity during the story. Players/Narrator could use the page to include NPC names, important plot point, bit of backstory, etc for use specifically during the composition of a move. It would need to be accessible to players while writing moves, but not need to include as many details as would be included on a previously suggested 'cast list' of NPCs.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great suggestion, thank you! We actually have this in our evil plans. Worlds will come with narrator and player-oriented documents that provide backstory, plot ideas, etc. You’ll be able to edit and add to these in the course of play!

11. Phone App

Have a Storium App added to the App store so I can play wherever I go

117 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow for player card inventory editing

I've had some players take cards or play cards and the group felt it wasn't appropriate for that situation. It would be good for the narrator to be able to edit player card inventories to either increase or decrease card counts, or delete cards in hand.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Let players award Karma to each other

Karma does well at encouraging players to write setbacks and complications for their characters. But there are other kinds of awesomeness that deserve reward! It's pretty clear the "Adjust Karma" option is not intended for that sort of thing, so what if there were an "attaboy" mechanic by which players could award Karma to each other for moves they really enjoyed?

I'm thinking the Narrator could define a number of awardable Karma points per chapter, either per player or in a shared pool. Then by way of a "like" button of sorts on moves, players can zing Karma to each…

105 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great suggestion, thank you! We like the idea of some manner of player-to-play recognition, and Karma might be a way to do it. Longer term we are also considering audience recognition — that is, people who are reading your story but not playing in it.

14. Allow users to edit/delete comments

Minor thing: I'd like to be able to go back and edit things I've written in the commentary. Along the same lines, and mentioned by others: letting the comment box grow as we type, and allowing for multiple paragraph comments (I tried using shift+enter to start a new graph which accidentally posted my comment which prompted this feedback). Not a huge deal, but would be useful to long-winded jerks like me.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Personal Character Library for Players

While we get an email with a character copy when a Narrator closes a game, if you quit a game, or if you're removed, you lose your character for good.

And that is particularly annoying\sad especially on characters with complex and custom cards. I would like to know if it would be possible to:

a) Allow players to keep copies of all of their characters in their account, no matter what the status of the story (active, inactive, etc).
    b) Have the possibility to "reapply" a character, by submitting it to another story.

So, b) would be possible by adding…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. let players spectate for certain scenes

So, this is more a comment in 4+ player games, but I'm in a 2-player game right now for which it's also relevant.

It's not always reasonable that each character will be in every scene, but right now there's no way to handle that except for people to willfully refrain from participating.

That works kind of, but it doesn't alter the available currency for the narrator in the scene. (Or rather, when the "you're spending more challenge points than the players can resolve" message pops up.)

Also, it can be easy to forget when folks are deliberately spectating.

So I…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow the narrator to make cards given to players private

I just had a scene where I wanted to give a player an asset card, but would rather not have had the other player in the scene know about it. Can we get an option to make the cards that narrators give to players private?

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow for some graphical customization.

At the very least changing the backround colours of the cards and the game's pages would be very welcome. :) For private games, it would also be very cool to be able to set a (sufficiently high-res) image as a page background, instead of a solid colour. A starfield for SF games, for example.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Public and Private Asset Cards

It might sometimes be important that characters could hide things from the party. Maybe the narrator can slip an asset that only that player knows about. If the item could be switched between private and public by the player that might be interesting as well allowing a player to reveal the great mcguffin artifact passed down by his ancestor and such.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Provide a way to bookmark games

There's a lot of games to scroll through in here. I would have liked to be able to mark some for closer perusal later, but I don't see the option.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?