Skip to content

General

73 results found

1. Call out that players can't play cards without an obstacle in the scene.

I created my first scene entirely with goal cards, which confused players who wanted to play cards from their hands. If I understood that obstacles allowed / forced card play, and they understood that no obstacle meant no cards were allowed / required, that would have made the opening scene smoother.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Movable request revisions dialog

When requesting revisions, you can't see the original text, since the Request Revisions pop up is directly over it.

Maybe have it appear off to one side or as a movable dialog?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add a bit of help on how narrators create characters

Not sure how to set default strength/weakness/subplot cards for the various "nature" cards. I think this is possible as I've seen it in other games...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Longevity and archiving

I didn't see anything about longevity in the terms and conditions. I'd really appreciate a commitment that we aren't going to lose these stories we're creating.

I'd also like to be able to take a copy of the story, though you may have commercial reasons why you don't want that to be simple.

Could you at least commit to making a downloadable copy of any story available for a couple of months before that story is deleted (or the site is shut down)?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are already planning to provide a story export feature, but it’s a good idea to also be clearer about our commitment to preserving your data — which, btw, is strong!

5. Allow me to move the character description modal

When I'm creating a character, and it's time for me to enter a description, the modal window obscures some of the cards I've chosen, making it tough for me to refer back to them whilst describing.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. URL detection

There was just a URL pasted in a commentary window, which I had to copy and paste to see it. Would it be possible for URL detection in that and in the main flow? Perhaps automatically popping to another window?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Quite right. It’s not linked at the moment simply because we’re aggressively filtering out content that could be troublemaking (hacks, etc). We need to dial it back in this case.

7. Revise your conflict in the example of play

In your example of play, you have a "Protect the Innocent" obstacle which has as a Strong outcome "You succeed in protecting the innocent" and as a Weak outcome "You fail completely to protect the innocent." This strikes me as, actually, being dead wrong according to the way the system is described: Shouldn't a Weak outcome mean overcoming the obstacle, but with nasty side-effects?

How is a player supposed to follow the instructions "Narrate how you overcome the obstacle. Use the following text for inspiration: 'You don't overcome the obstacle'"?

I worry about this particularly, because I think that the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. allow narrators to set their own "suggested" strengths/weaknesses for custom Nature cards

After creating all new Nature cards for my story, I found that I couldn't have suggested set-ups for players that chose that nature. It would be nice to be able to have a suggested set-up to prevent narrators from having to reject or ask for modifications to players that don't fit what they're wanting for the story.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Stock card images

The cards associated with the stock worlds are all "missing image" icons - it'd tres keen if there were images associated with them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Heh, we’ll they’re not really intended to be “missing images” (more like default art) but the fact that you interpret them as such is perhaps telling! :)

We are definitely planning to provide more art choices. One of the goals of our upcoming Kickstarter campaign is to finance this!

10. Three Issues I found.

I accidentally hit edit instead of approve for a pending character, then could not go back and change to approve. As a narrator, I should be able to comment, recommend and approve characters at my discretion, not wait for them to notice I hit the wrong button.

2nd item - In the beginning write up about the game, it would be nice to have a separate notes section that is separate than that which describes the world. If you look at my star wars game, youll see I have appended time stamps with game updates that really don't belong there.…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Use a Flickr CC-Licensed search to suggest usable artwork

Flickr offers a search API that allows you to constrain searches to Creative Commons License images. Given the right license, these should be okay to use in a game like Storium with derivative & original content uses.

For what it's worth, I used to write some flash fiction on a site called ficly.com that did the same thing for story inspirations

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. More interaction from the Storium creators and More capability to join the community!

Basically, I was hoping for more interaction from the Storium creators signalling that they are still alive and they are acknowledging the players. When you first join the sight, the lack of announcements and signals that the site is live causes you to initially stumble around aimlessly. Only if you're lucky enough to come across the right people, the 'world' per se, becomes open to you. Otherwise, tough luck. I was very lucky and stumbled upon the thriving community in one of my first games and have since jumped upon the bandwagon, though I worry for those who are unlucky…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the direct and constructive feedback. We are definitely here and working hard. We know we need to do a better job of being visible, and will try to do so!

A lot of our work lately has been focused on StoriumEdu, a new verison of Storium that is designed for educational use (to help build students’ skills and motivation as writers). Our goal with StoriumEdu is to reach more people, have a bigger impact, and (last but not least) establish a sustainable business which in turn enables us to hire more folks to help with Storium.com!

If you’re up for it, could you elaborate on what you mean when you say you’d like “a function to help bring new players to the somewhat hidden community”? Thanks!

1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base