Skip to content

General

592 results found

1. Word limit defaults appear to be broken

I created a new game earlier today and I can't set the word limits to be unlimited. Or anything else for that matter. The page just hangs when I try to make changes. Same problem appears in both Firefox and Chrome, so it appears to be on your end. Screenshot attached.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. ...call narrators narrators again, not 'hosts'. Please?

I know this may seem daft but narrators aren't just putting out cheese and crackers and I just don't like the term 'host' being used for games without actively rotating narration. It's one thing when someone is playing 'host' to a team of narrators, but games without rotating narration have narrators.

Maybe I and the other folk I've spoken to are the only people who care about this. But I thought I'd log it as feedback to see if anyone in the wider community agreed.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Seperate feedback section for bugs

A section entirely dedicated for Storium's bugs and glitches.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Notifications

Anything which sends out annoying emails should DEFAULT to "don't send out annoying emails."

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Users are able to turn email notifications off completely, as well as folding them into a daily digest. They are also able to opt-out of Storium updates and announcements.

5. Allow blanket messaging to all games you are participating in

It would be nice, for those of use who play a lot of games, to be able to easily send the same message to all of them. I'm thinking for things like emergencies that come up, or other circumstances that might impact gameplay and also might make it somewhat burdensome to go into the comment thread of every game.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Vacation mode will display an icon in every game a user is playing or narrating in; clicking on their avatar will display a message. This can be used to convey information to all games at once.

6. Homepage Game List Error

There seems to be some error that has popped up with my games displayed on my homepage ever since last night's update. Several retired games or games where I'd retired my character are now back on the list. When I go to edit the list, it doesn't show them under the list of games which should be on my homepage. I'm at a loss as to how to remove them.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This bug should now be fixed. Your homepage should be back to what it looked like before our launch last night (unless you made any changes between then and now). If you still see any issues, please reply to this and we’ll investigate. Our apologies for the trouble!

7. Edit everything after game ended.

It would be awesome if you could edit every details after the game have ended. Like every mistakes in points and outcomes.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Games are now editable after they have finished; narrators are able to edit challenge text and continuations and players are able to edit their moves.

8. Add differentiation editing move for "major" vs "minor" edits

It would be neat if there were two (mandatory) checkboxes to choose from when editing a move: One for "minor" edits and one for "major" edits.

That way, if you're going in to just fix typos, syntax, etc, you can check "minor" and no notification email will be sent out. And maybe not even put a notification in the sidebar, either.

On the other hand, if you named the wrong character in your move, or have an unfinished sentence you forgot to go back to before publishing, or you realized a continuity error too late-- then you could check the…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is now a ‘minor edit’ tickbox that will suppress any notifications about the edit if selected. If it’s not the edit notification will go out to users as usual. Thanks!

9. Delete forum messages

It's dumb but it would be a real help if it was possible to edit and delete forum messages. It might be cause i'm clumsy but how often did i regret to post a message, found a better way to say it or posted it in the wrong section.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Show if players are viewing the game

Create an area, either at the bottom of the story page or perhaps an indicator on the players character avatar at the top-right of the story screen that lest you know if a) a player is on storium and b) if that player is currently looking at your game. This should be something each user can turn off in their profile settings but it would be nice to know how often my players are looking at the story as I can on other sites.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is now an indicator if a player is viewing the game page as well as if they are currently inputting a move. Thanks for the suggestion!

11. Allow adding links to player profile.

If I want to provide extra links within my player profile, all I can do is provide a long URL that someone can copy and past. It would be nice to have more formatting options within the player bio.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Correct Small Error on the "Completed Games" Pages

The page which shows the list of completed games has an error. The completion date for each game is mistakenly labeled "Started" rather than "Completed." It's a minor glitch, but there you go...

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow more than three card plays per character per turn

I'm in a scene right now where it would be beneficial for character development for us to be able to play one more card each, but we're already at the three-each limit. Gamma updates have allowed narrators to change the card value of a challenge on the fly, so our narrator could make this an eight-card challenge - but we wouldn't be able to play on it, because we've hit our limits. I'd love to see narrators have the ability to cap the number of moves possible per scene themselves. Default at three, but adjustable up or down as the…

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Narrators can now choose how many cards players are able to play on a scene by scene basis, anywhere from 1-5 cards per player. This needs to be implemented before a scene is opened. Thanks!

14. Round-robin narrator

It might be nice to have an interface that automatically passes narration to different players within the group at the end of a certain number of scenes. This would be an opt-in feature.

So, for example, if Alice, Bob, and Chris are all players in a game, Alice and Bob could take turns narrating every two scenes, while Chris continues to play normally.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow access to a complete transcript of comments on characters

Right now you can only see the most recent bit of conversation with the narrator in the comments box on the character. I would be really nice if we could review the entire transcript of the dialogue. As it stands, I have no way of accessing important information my narrator put there last week, and no way of reviewing what I tell my narrator to make sure I'm being consistent.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. "Last online" data on Storium profile.

On a person's Storium profile, a tag with the date/time that shows when the person was last online would be particularly helpful in working out if they're just ignoring the game or have just been away from Storium for some time.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show player's last active date/time

It would be nice to be able to see the last date and time a player was active on their profile page.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Is it possible to share an in progress story with someone without requiring money?

Storium is dope and does a lot of interesting things, but it's not like I can say it's like anything else out there. As far as I can tell I can only share with other 10$+ enthusiasts, which is a pain in the ass. Am I missing how to do this otherwise? Ctrl-C/V'ing links doesn't seem to allow it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Move the "Return to Home Page" button on the character pages

The "Return to Home Page" button is directly under the comments section of the character pages. The comments that pass between the Narrator and the players. Natural instinct is that it's the "submit" button for the comments. I can't tell you how many times I've absentmindedly clicked it and had to go back and retype my (usually long) message to the Narrator. Is there a way to add a submit button in the same spot, or move the "Return to Home Page" button? It was cause less frustration.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Proofreading

On the site, learning how to play... in "starting scenes" "anatomy-of-a-scene" under "Giving cards to players"

in the 2nd paragraph "Stregnth" should probably be "Strength"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?