Skip to content

General

592 results found

1. Change the name of "Storium" to "Bananasarethebestfruit"

I think that bananas are the best fruit, and Storium's name should be changed to "Bananasarethebestfruit" to reflect this.

129 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Change the Speed of Play options

Currently the 'speed of play' options are as follows:

Casual: no expectations.
    Slow: at least 1 scene per week.
    Normal: 2-3 scenes per week.
    Daily: 1 scene per day.
    Fast: 2-3 scenes per day.
    Hardcore: as fast as you can go.

Now, I'm a very engaged player/narrator - I check in multiple times a day, try to keep up with my tags as quickly as I can - and I have very, very rarely seen a game that runs at 2-3 scenes per week. 2-3 scenes per day isn't fast, it's nigh unheard of. Setting those as 'normal' or 'fast'…

104 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The “Speed” settings on games have been updated! Instead of talking about game speed in terms of scenes completed within a certain period of time, it now measure speed in terms of player moves made.

The old settings were:

Slow: at least 1 scene per week.
    Normal: 2-3 scenes per week.
    Daily: 1 scene per day.
    Fast: 2-3 scenes per day.
    These settings were established when Storium originally launched. As many have pointed out, those rates of progress haven’t turned out to be very realistic. The new settings are:

Slow: at least 1 move per player weekly.
    Normal: 2-3 moves per player weekly.
    Daily: 1 move per player daily.
    Fast: multiple moves per player daily.
    Note that these settings have also been updated on user profile pages (where you are…

3. create a group subscription option for schools and educators.

I work in a middle school, and I can see a ton of opportunities for teachers to create interactive lessons in Storium. Humanities (Language arts and Social Sciences) classes are the obvious best target, but I could see Storium being used in science, math and even elective classes as an interactive way for students to get engaged with the material.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Can't play cards on a challenge

It looks like I can't play any cards on this latest challenge--I can't even select it to play cards on--I can just type in a storyline to make a move that way without actually contributing any of my cards. Is that because I was the last person to make a move in the last scene?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! Each player can only play a maximum of 3 cards per scene. This keeps one player from “running away with the scene”. I’m guessing you’ve already played 3 cards in the current scene.

BTW, the system won’t let the narrator play more challenge points than the players have cards to address them. So it’s impossible to create a situation where the scene’s challenges can’t be met. It’s just that every player has to contribute.

5. BUG - Can't post new moves

Is this just me? I can't post new moves as a player or narrator in any of my games. The "Move Another Move" or "Continue Scene" bottoms just dont' work when I click on them. It's not a card refresh issue. It's all my games. I can do everything else, messages, nudge players, etc. Are others having this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. student

A safer section for students. I would love for my to participate in this, but I don't want them to be stalked.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news: we are now in early alpha testing of StoriumEdu, a new and entirely separate version of Storium designed just for teachers and students! You can learn more at http://storiumedu.com. We hope to roll StoriumEdu out more widely soon!

7. Keep a list of used up cards visible as they describe character

When a strength or weakness card gets used up it would be useful to have a record that the character possesses those characteristics. It would help make characters more consistent, and also stop players having to scroll back through the whole story to see what strengths and weaknesses they have already chosen when they come to create a new wild.

66 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Players can now choose from existing narrator cards or previously played strength or weakness cards when creating a wild to play on challenges. Thanks!

8. Introduce a 'users only' game visibility option!

With the public launch of Storium, games that were previously marked 'public' but were of course behind a login wall (because the whole site was users-only) are now public to everyone on the web.

I understand that the Storium team want as many games as possible to be live and visible so that the site is attractive.

However, those of us whose internet presence is on some level vulnerable - for example teachers, public figures and women - are left very exposed by this new level of visibility. This functionality makes it very difficult for us to protect ourselves without…

63 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Narrators can now set a variety of privacy settings for their games.

Visibility: this determines who can view and read the game. By default Storium games are “public,” which means that anyone can read them. As host, you can choose for your game to instead be “private” so that only its participants can read it. You can also choose for your game to be public but for the commentary to be private. Finally, you can choose to make your game’s contents visible only to people who are logged into Storium, in which case the game’s name, banner, and description will remain publicly visible.

Thanks!

9. Implement a system that prevents simultaneous moves

Without being able to see the status of a move-in-action, and without potentially communicating with other players in real time, taking the time to write out a move only to see another player has disrupted this with his/her move...well it can throw the entire narrative on its face, or render the dialogue or actions you just posted irrelevant or confusing.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Games now display a notification whenever another player is working on a move. There is also a notification whenever new content is posted to the page.

10. change the notifications section so I can click a player name and go to their profile

instead of having it @username, you could have it be @username and also have it be a hyperlink to their userpage.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Notifications for player moves or comments in active games are now hyperlinked so that users can follow it to the player’s profile.

11. offer a live tutorial on the card system

Players I do beginning games with are too afraid of the card system to make moves other than RP moves.

If there was a live tutorial that a player could use to learn the rules it might be more beneficial to non-visual learning styles than the video could offer. (It doesn't have to be an exhaustive video, that way new features don't render old versions of the tutorial obsolete so quickly.)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. BUG: 18+ button issues.

A bug appears to have emerged regarding the age confirmation page. As far as I can tell, as of today at least, people who have at some point in the past clicked that they are over 18 are accessing this content fine.

However, people who have NOT previously clicked the 'yes I am 18+' button - ie who are trying to access 18+ content for the first time - are getting stuck on the confirmation page, where clicking 'Yes I'm over 18' just refreshes the confirmation page without actually taking them through. I'm finding this with both of my accounts,…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Guided tour would work better for such a complex game

I think that relying on users to learn from the one page wall of text will put some users off.

But a guided tour would more intuitively teach the system.

http://ui-patterns.com/patterns/Tour

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. add help sections to explain retiring or handing off characters

Please add additional sections to the help documentation to explain retiring or handing off characters

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Star System: How & Why

There is a star in the upper right hand corner of my game Orphans of Alderaan.

One of my players ask what does it mean and why he can not click to add a star rating.

I understand it is a favorites marker but how does it work? Why was he unable to like a game?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The favourites allow users to follow games through their Favourites page. As a player is already following a game through their notifications they are unable to access this functionality. Thanks!

16. Missing 'f'

It's a big- the f not appearing unless you type it twice, and you then get two Fs. I'm seeing it in posts I make, in games for other players and some forum posts.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the report and apologies for the trouble! We are aware of the issue but unfortunately it is out of our hands. Google just updated one of the fonts we use, and in doing so they introduced a bug that affects the letter “f”. No joke. Very frustrating. They say they will have it fixed by tomorrow (Monday), but in the meantime I would recommend using Chrome instead of Firefox, because Chromes seems to trigger the problem much less often. Sorry again for the trouble!

UPDATE: , we’ve found a way to temporarily fix this issue for today, so you should now be good to go. (Google tells us that the permanent fix will be done tomorrow morning.)

17. location card bug?

I've had a problem for a while playing location cards. The image is truncated and runs over the text underneath. I actually think it's a problem with adding images to the top of a new scene.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Accomplishment

I'd like to see a 'badge' reward system for accomplishments. Ranging from 'I made my first move', 'Played a card', 'used an asset', etc. to specific challenges like: 'Completed a short story in 7 days with x players.' The purpose of which is to encourage activity of players in a game. (I am stuck on the difficulty of finding and keeping active players - it has been a challenge).

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Storium now has Achievements listed on player profiles, everything from moves made to words typed to different one-off accomplishments! Thanks for the suggestion!

19. Good day, Storiumians. First allow me to say that this is indeed my favorite game concept I have ever seen. I believe it is educational, an

Good day to all,

First allow me to say that this is indeed my favorite game concept I have ever seen. I believe it is educational, and for those who do approach it with a mindset of doing well can only see themselves improve their grasp of writing.

I believe your vision is one of intellectual assumption, however, in that all participants will approach a game equally. They will not, and they do not.

Before I continue further, I will apologize for the redundancy that this may bring to you - I can only imagine the mountain of feedback and…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Storium now offers Beginner Games run by experienced Mentors to allow new players the chance to learn the Storium system and best practice in a supportive environment. Hopefully this will allow them to learn these lessons and move on to other games as successful contributors to the collaborative stories told on the site.

20. Solo Play / Writer Mode

I think a solo-narrator mode without players would be great for writers who want to use storium to flesh out characters and worlds, organize stories, and get their juices pumping.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30