Skip to content

General

592 results found

1. Friends lists, private messaging, and other social features

It would be great if we could have friends lists and a way to private message / chat with each other. You can expand this and then let us invite others to games and make games friends only.

920 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Private user-to-user messaging was introduced a couple of months ago! We’ll continue to expand these capabilities as Gamma progresses. Thanks for the great feedback, everyone!

2. Live Updates

Live update the story page to highlight players submitting moves, as well as what challenges they selected. Also to show the finished move once done. I sat on the page for 5 minutes, not knowing I'd have to refresh.

513 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  28 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Customise Game Parameters

I'd like to see a bit more customisation available in setting up/running a game. In specific, I'd like for a Narrator to be able to play about with how many/what types of cards characters start with. I'd also like for Narrators to be able to set their own card limits per scene. Basically, all the card limitations that are currently in place I'd like to see as default, rather than proscription. I think they make a great baseline, but I think the option to tweak these either at the outset and/or in play would be really useful.

318 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Reward for completing a game, instead of just deletion

When a game completely ends, can users earn a reward, like a profile badge or something, instead of just having to delete the story or leave it open as a record? It would be more satisfying, and give credit to the users who have played through an entire story (I see a lot of problems with abandoned characters). I also enthusiastically second the idea of being able to archive complete games. Thanks, having a wonderful time!

298 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed games are now one of the achievements users receive for participating in the site. They are also listed on player profiles so that it is clear how many games a player has completed.

5. Allow Narrators To Play In Their Own Game

Similar to D&D games where the Game Master also has a player in the campaign, I would like it if a narrator was also allowed to make a player to play in the game. This would allow more functionality for many different playstyles -- some people want a large campaign where there is a secretive GM holding all the cards, and others would like to use this awesome set-up for private, one-on-one storylines (like me!).

203 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow players to kill their own characters/allow them to die (Character Death)

I realize that not all players are going to want this, but some of us do! Sometimes major character death is a great story - making a heroic sacrifice for the good of the group is just one example. I may be missing something, but right now there doesn't seem to be any way for a character to die even if they want to! You can certainly write them out of the story, but there is no way to have the system acknowledge that they character is out of the story, and definitely not a way to do it (and…

184 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  9 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Change the name of "Storium" to "Bananasarethebestfruit"

I think that bananas are the best fruit, and Storium's name should be changed to "Bananasarethebestfruit" to reflect this.

129 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. allow people to play multiple characters in one game

So far, there doesn't seem to be an option for one user to play multiple characters. Some of my friends are having issues with this and will have to make multiple accounts in order to play all of their characters. It would be nice to allow players to play multiple characters. All in all, I really love Storium!

123 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow shared narration

I think it would be useful to have the option to share narration duties with another person. I am creating a game right now, and am awkwardly trying to explain what I'm doing with the setup outside of the game with another person for collaboration. If I could just add him as a second narrator, that would be quite helpful.

105 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Change the Speed of Play options

Currently the 'speed of play' options are as follows:

Casual: no expectations.
    Slow: at least 1 scene per week.
    Normal: 2-3 scenes per week.
    Daily: 1 scene per day.
    Fast: 2-3 scenes per day.
    Hardcore: as fast as you can go.

Now, I'm a very engaged player/narrator - I check in multiple times a day, try to keep up with my tags as quickly as I can - and I have very, very rarely seen a game that runs at 2-3 scenes per week. 2-3 scenes per day isn't fast, it's nigh unheard of. Setting those as 'normal' or 'fast'…

104 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The “Speed” settings on games have been updated! Instead of talking about game speed in terms of scenes completed within a certain period of time, it now measure speed in terms of player moves made.

The old settings were:

Slow: at least 1 scene per week.
    Normal: 2-3 scenes per week.
    Daily: 1 scene per day.
    Fast: 2-3 scenes per day.
    These settings were established when Storium originally launched. As many have pointed out, those rates of progress haven’t turned out to be very realistic. The new settings are:

Slow: at least 1 move per player weekly.
    Normal: 2-3 moves per player weekly.
    Daily: 1 move per player daily.
    Fast: multiple moves per player daily.
    Note that these settings have also been updated on user profile pages (where you are…

11. Don't remove "Open Invitations" until you have something to replace it.

The developers of Storium have seemingly decided to remove the "Open Invitations" option without actual player input. There have been a number of requests for improvements to the "Looking for Players" screen, but as far as I can tell, nobody has asked for this feature to be removed. While the forums are a nice compliment to the existing system and is a good workaround for a number of existing problems until better systems can be implement, being forced to move to an invite-only mechanic for adding players would remove functionality without improving it.

76 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone — We hear you and appreciate all the feedback on this. It’s actually great to hear that you like the open invitation system so much, because most of the feedback on it so far has been critical (you haven’t seen much of it because it tends to come in via support tickets, which are not public).

On further reflection we’ve decided to put a hold on retirement of the open invitation system, and we will be thinking about how we can improve the invitation process so that it works better for everyone.

Note that open invitations are still fully operational — nothing was actually changed, removed or disabled when we made the original announcement.

Meanwhile we hope you’ll give the new “LFP/LFG” forum areas a shot, too. We hope that introducing more communication into the invitation process will ultimately lead to less rejections and healthier games. This is…

12. Permit uploading of pictures to cards even after cards are finalized

In creating a character, I filled in all the text fields, and thought to leave the pictures (which I find hard work) for later. Once I submitted my character, however, the cards were no longer editable.

While I wholly understand that editing the text content of the cards mid-stream of a game could make it hard to create a consistent story, editing the pictures does not seem to me to present the same hazards.

75 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Gamma, narrators will be able to update cards (including their images) at any time, even if they’ve already given them to players. Players will be able to update images for any cards that they themselves created.

13. Allow Characters to die, but allow Players to re-enter the story with a new character that doesn't overwrite the previous character

This is the biggest problem that our group has had. Characters have died in our games, which is a natural part of telling stories, but the players still want to play. We'd love to be able to have that player remain in the story, but play with a different character. We've managed to this through a workaround of re-editing a dead character, but then that dead character ceases to exist and all previous posts from that player now feature the new character, instead of the dead one, as if the previous character never existed.

So, I'd love to see a…

73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Bump older stories in "Looking For Players" list

Currently, if you have an established story but go from closed invitations to open when looking for new players, your story isn't bumped to the top of the list. It'd be handy for older stories when looking for some fresh characters.

70 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This will be addressed in the initial Gamma launch. Every game’s open invitation status will automatically expire after 2 weeks (the narrator can turn it back on if they want) and the list of games on the Looking for Players page will be sorted by the date it was originally turned on. If the narrator turns open invitations back on again after two weeks, the sort date will be reset and the game will appear at the top of the list again. This will keep the list fresh and predictable in a fair way.

15. Keep a list of used up cards visible as they describe character

When a strength or weakness card gets used up it would be useful to have a record that the character possesses those characteristics. It would help make characters more consistent, and also stop players having to scroll back through the whole story to see what strengths and weaknesses they have already chosen when they come to create a new wild.

66 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Players can now choose from existing narrator cards or previously played strength or weakness cards when creating a wild to play on challenges. Thanks!

16. Recategorize suspended/finished(?) games on player's profiles

Even though a player's main page now hides suspended games, their profile still claims they're playing in that story.

It would be nice to have those segregated, as I can imagine certain narrators to view an applying player's Playing list as overburdening.

Furthermore, another category with Finished games wouldn't go unwelcome. I haven't seen this on anyone's profile yet so figured it was worth suggesting. :)

63 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Introduce a 'users only' game visibility option!

With the public launch of Storium, games that were previously marked 'public' but were of course behind a login wall (because the whole site was users-only) are now public to everyone on the web.

I understand that the Storium team want as many games as possible to be live and visible so that the site is attractive.

However, those of us whose internet presence is on some level vulnerable - for example teachers, public figures and women - are left very exposed by this new level of visibility. This functionality makes it very difficult for us to protect ourselves without…

63 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Narrators can now set a variety of privacy settings for their games.

Visibility: this determines who can view and read the game. By default Storium games are “public,” which means that anyone can read them. As host, you can choose for your game to instead be “private” so that only its participants can read it. You can also choose for your game to be public but for the commentary to be private. Finally, you can choose to make your game’s contents visible only to people who are logged into Storium, in which case the game’s name, banner, and description will remain publicly visible.

Thanks!

18. Allow character to come out of retirement, player to make a new character, or to make multiple characters. un retire. return.

At the moment you can do this with multiple accounts on storium, it would be useful if at some point an option was available for characters to return or re apply, remake or have multiple characters, even if this is a narrator option. i know this has been said in some ways before, and there might be more urgent updates. thanks.

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow existing strengths/weaknesses as wild cards

Rather than writing your own every time, it would be handy to be able to pick from the list used in character creation. So you could have a defining trait to start with, and a secondary trait you'll select via your wild card. It would also cut down indecision in character creation!

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When requesting revisions allow players to change the cards played

Allow players to change cards that they have played when a revision is requested. It appears that it only looks like they can change the text of their move.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This will be in the initial Gamma launch. Players (and narrators) can edit the cards they played provided the changes don’t create conflicts with what other players have done later in the story.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base