Skip to content

General

91 results found

1. Make all communications within a game visible to all

To my grief, the very first game I took part in ended prematurely, because the storyteller (a friend of mine) obviously got a lot of negative feedback in personal messages that the other players involved couldn't see. I think all communications tied to a specific game should be viewable for all involved. After all, this isn't a message board, is it?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Set aside place here for older players

After 3 days of trying to get added to a public game and getting all of my attempts to join a public game rejected. I'm 50 and disabled. All my character creation attempts rejected. They really didn't want to be around someone older in their game

add a way to set aside some games as either as "intended for all players... "older players welcome"

I'm just trying to have some fun too.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow us to favourite game once in it.

I can see that a game can be Favorited if you aren't in it, but once your in it you can't. Would be nice to favorite, as I can see the right hand star being a source of rating or pride in the future. Lot's of favorites/likes will be a measure of popularity.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. add card bidding

This would allow for players to describe their actions and assign cards to them. After all players have acted, the narrator could then select which cards to use and adapt the story. Currently, if you are late to a scene, you might not be able to have any narrative impact on the game, which defeats the purpose of asynchronicity.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As challenges are a way of ceding narrative control (within the boundaries of the challenge) to players, this system would work against that. If a player is missing out on posting opportunities the best thing to do is communicate with the narrator and other players and work out a solution. Best of luck!

5. Let new scenes start new chapters

...since it's easy to overlook end of chapter when closing a scene.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Expand the list of cards seen by other players to more than six.

Once a player has picked up assets I can't see their weaknesses or goals anymore. At least I haven't been able to figure out how.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is no limit to the number of cards shown on a character’s page. In the case in question, I suspect you don’t see any Weakness cards because this character doesn’t have any — they’ve already played them all and won’t get new ones until they play all their Strengths and then refresh their cards. The character in question also does have a single Goal card, which is shown.

If I have misunderstood the situation or your question, just let me know!

7. strength or weakness on a player

A way to play a strength or weakness on a player as opposed to a challeng. Not trusting someone or being rude to them and using up a card to do so.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Reinstatement of Suspended or Stalled Out Games Ideas

In some past games, the narrator had given up on a story that a few people had disappeared on and not continue to make moves. What would be awesome is if you could make openings for current but inactive characters. If after a couple weeks that player does not make a move, the narrator could make the choice to open up the character to other players to play. Also it would be great if a new narrator could take over on a game that has been suspended for a certain period of time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Due to the games licenses narrators cannot hand over characters to new players unless the previous player has handed the character off. Narrators are also able to hand off the game to new narrators but it cannot be done by anybody else.

9. Allow card refresh as soon as Strength/Weakness cards are used up

Currently, you have to wait until the NEXT scene starts before you can refresh your cards. As narrator, I didn't realize this was a constraint when I set out challenges, and this limited my player's actions when they happened to start a new scene with only one Strength/Weakness card in their hand. If a challenge expected them to play three cards to beat, they would be forced to throw down this card and fill up the rest of the space with goals or assets. If a player really wanted the Strong outcome (and couldn't be helped out by another play…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Guidance for narrators (more)

You've lots of ideas for this already but my tuppence-worth is this.

• When games start they seem to always end up waiting on the narrator. Advise narrators not to start off a scene without saving off possible content for the first two scenes. It will have to change, but it's a lot easier than writing from scratch.

• Offer advice on different ways to run the game with pointers to good versions of each.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a Prolouge Option

Sometimes we, as narrators, need to start the story off with a page or two of exposition to set the stage that may NOT be part of the first, interactive, chapter.

For now, I can post this in a Google Doc, and refer folks to it, but it'd be better if I could include this IN the game.

Maybe the trick is to end the first Chapter Before anyone acts in it? That seems like a hack. :/

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Narrators can publish and end as many scenes as they like before introducing characters/challenges. If needed narrators can use the Green Room or comments to make their intentions clear so that players do not act until they are ready.

12. Invite players to join a game, when it's not your game!

Would love to send notifications to Storium friends to join games that I've submitted to! I'm sure when we have a PM system, this might become useless - but... if there's a quick way to suggest a game to someone... why not?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Card Refresh

As a player I find the non-refreshing cards until all used really frustrating. It feels like the system doesn't allow me to play my character the way she is meant to be played once I start running out of cards.

Since each scene is meant to be a separate instance, I suggesting refreshing all cards at the end the old or beginning of the new scene.

And only 3 cards a scene is not enough when you only have 3 players (total of 9 cards can be played) and two challenges requiring 6 cards each. NO chance of finishing at…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. Storium’s goal is to help players work together to tell interesting, unpredictable stories. That means characters that struggle as well as succeed, scenes where characters don’t get what they want, moments where the plot turns in unexpected directions, and cases where characters grow or behave in new ways. The mechanics around card play encourage these things to happen. Because you can only refresh once you’ve played all your cards, you have to be strategic about which ones you play, and when. The fact that you “run low” before refreshing is very much intentional, since otherwise there isn’t actually any dramatic pressure.

Note also that the situation you mentioned is actually not possible. The system will not allow the narrator to play more Challenge points into the scene than the players have cards available to play. (If you are seeing this happen then please let us…

14. Add other incentives for players to post first

As the game is currently laid out only the one who wins a scene really gets anything out it. It would be nice for there to be something there so that players who post first and use up one of their cards would also be able to get something from it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Storium is a collaborative endeavour and while it’s true that players that finish challenges get to write the conclusion of that challenge, they cannot in and of themselves decide it entirely (if it is a group challenge). The person who plays the first card has just as much input as the person who plays the last.

15. remove the hide/show toggle when clicking on the story description

On this page: https://storium.com/game/outcasts

When I click the story it closes. I click a lot when I'm reading on the web.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Improved instructions

Listed in the instructions are the ways in which cards are used, however I feel that the ways in which cards are recovered and possibly used again seems blurry.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Be able to see the story

When you submit a character but the story has't started yet be able to see not just the character you submitted but also the storyline.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Character interaction

We're having a hard time with dialogue. If it made the character interact with the most recent character's move I think that might work

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Character does not equal game

I had to delete my character from a game because we changed the background. When I deleted to start over it kicked me out of the game.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. ..allow the user to be able to go through the conversations and scenes, even while posting a reply.

This should allow players and narrator to fact check, make references to the earlier posts. Such as double check statements, scenes, etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?