Skip to content

General

91 results found

1. Change deletion requirements.

Some stories which were originally just to be suspended go on to the point of no return, where those who are still in the story never look at it. This means that if the narrator decides they want to delete it they cant because no one else will confirm in the comments. I say that the story should only be deletable by the narrator without the consent of other players after 3 months of no activity.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Correct your "formatting help" for lists.

It currently says you begin lists by putting "*" at the beginning of the line, which is completely incorrect.

Also, the working trigger, "1. " is unintuitive, and even worse, "2. " acts exactly like "1. ", if you put "2. " as your first list number, it renumbers it back to 1.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create a lower pricing tier for "players only".

These players could play in games, but not Host or Narrate. Perhaps even limit the number of games they can be active in at one time.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Solo Play / Writer Mode

I think a solo-narrator mode without players would be great for writers who want to use storium to flesh out characters and worlds, organize stories, and get their juices pumping.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add ability to remove a private message that goes without a response

Love the PM section guys. One thought - if we put a private message out there that goes without a response.. . can we delete that private message?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ditch the mandatory narrator feedback

I think making feedback mandatory for narrators is dictatorial and not your job, honestly. While I totally prefer my narrators to give feedback and would always do so myself, the option was already there, and it should have remained an option. Making it mandatory - particularly given there’s nothing stopping them from just putting in a full stop or a ‘no’ anyway - just comes across as patronising and really not the place of the Storium makers to dictate to be honest. Not required, and not cool.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Completed stories

Don't send "start new scene" reminder emails for games whose concluding scene has been completed.

Cheers

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Lock challenges for X Minutes

I think it would be useful to allow the option to be able to lock the storyline while completing a move. Give a certain timeout on the lock (like 30-60mins). This way the players don't have to announce in the comments that they're working on something.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow users to change usernames

There are lots of reasons a person might like to do this. Maybe limit the number of times a person can do it, or even make it a feature for which players have to pay a little extra.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. put actual mechanics in instructions FOLLOW UP Comment

After earlier post, narrator informed me that the problem with playing a challenge and a card was due to the fact that my move was no longer the last move in the scene. So the play system is not flawed, but I still suggest you provide more information in your instructions for new players.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. put actual mechanics of selecting a challenge or playing a card in your instructions.

Your instructions simply say, Select a Challenge, play a card. Either your play system is not as intuitive as I expected it to be, or there is a flaw in the system for last players in a scene. I am unable to select a challenge or play a card even though there is a challenge available. And no, too many cards have not been played in the scene, so your response to the earlier post by someone who also could not play cards as last player in a scene does not apply.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. find out how storium is different than hitrecord

If in the future sotrium will start accepting pictures, drawings, movies, and sound how will it be different than hitrecord?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Storium is specifically a collaborative storytelling platform with some specially-developed mechanics to encourage character growth. It may share a collaborative aspect with other websites but it has a great many unique features as well.

13. Allow players and narrators to view a reputation history for one another

I'm love storium so far, but the biggest issue I've come across so far is that most games quickly fizzle out, most often because the narrator or players simply vanish and stop posting. It's pretty frustrating to develop a well thought out character and never see the story get off the ground.

This has its drawbacks too. We'd probably see higher rated "veteran" users selected over new ones, but there has to be some way to encourage narrators and players to responsibly commit to the game they're starting/joining. Improved profiles with ratings and/or stats for successful play would give users…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

User profiles show the number of current, completed, retired and suspended games so that other users are able to see the patterns of play each user engages in.

14. errors while editing action

I just got three errors that looked about the same. The first one happened when i tried to submit a comment while still editing my action. The second happened after the refresh when i tried to submit a second edit, i can't remember what i did in between but I finally refreshed and was able to submit the change.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. requested feedback

I just got a popup asking me to send feedback describing what I was doing when a crash happened. I wasn't doing much, I was just posting commentary. I had previously used the previous scene and next scene buttons to check how the last scene had ended (and before that, lots of stuff, I tend to not close tabs). If it helps the only thing on the console is "TypeError: h.url.split is not a function nr-411.min.js"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Dynamic Narration

I like how the Storyteller in Bastion describes your actions as you take them. Is anything like this available in Storium? Could it added at some point in the future?

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Favoriting games...

I've been encouraged by the website to "favorite" my game. However, when I click on the star, it won't "favorite." In fact, it just stays gray and doesn't even act like any of the other buttons on the game. I'm not the only one in my game who's having this same issue. How do we change that?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Offer a lurker mode

Lurker mode = let a player watch a game in progress for a while, to get a feel for how the game works.

If this messes with the mechanics, maybe 1) offer it for only a limited time, and/or 2) offer it in a limited area -- like, maybe in a special designed-for-beginners world called Lurker World. The limited time might be a problem, if someone used up all their hours, but then wanted to lurk again, so that they could lurk along with a friend, and explain what was happening.

Thanks!

Rachel

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Users can learn about Storium mechanics through the player tutorials or through joining a Beginner Game run by an experienced Mentor. They are also able to read along with any games that are not marked private.

19. Request for tags to allow Narrators to select either PVP, Cooperative, or Anything Goes for their story game

Perhaps allow Narrators to select from a checklist whether they are looking to have their game run in Co-Op/Cooperative mode (where players are expected to align their motives as a team), PVP/Player Versus Player (where players are expected to play against one another) or Anything Goes (a mixture of both). This may help to clear up any misunderstandings about Narrator expectations.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please rename the card categories and challenge outcomes.

Here's my reasoning: What you call a 'strong' outcome to a challenge often isn't. Rather, it's the non-confrontational outcome. But we are writing stories here. What players should really want--what I want--are the so-called 'weak' outcomes, because they are the outcomes that inject tension, drama, and uncertainty into the story. They are what make the story exciting.

I would rather that the 'Weak' cards be renamed to 'Character Flaws,' and the 'Strong' cards be renamed as 'Character Strengths,' to make it clearer what their purpose is. And I think it would make more sense to name the possible outcomes as…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The wording is a difficult thing to get right! Unfortunately ‘non-confrontational’ isn’t quite accurate either – it may well involve a confrontation (a fight or an argument, for example) but the characters will mostly meet with success when addressing it. Other suggestions would be welcome though!

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base