Skip to content

General

592 results found

1. Let Narrators see what users are currently working on characters through open invites

Pretty basic... but yeah, I think it would be helpful to some narrators to know how much interest their games are getting by letting them know how many people have viewed their game (by which I mean, clicked on the Apply to Join button), and if at all possible, letting us see which users are currently applying through open invites in our games. That way we might better be able to provide help while they're still writing their characters. Or something like that. It would also give Narrators a better reason to wait a little longer since they would know…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now possible – the Green Room will tell you the status of the invites that you have sent out and when an invitation has been clicked vs when a character is in progress. Thanks for the suggestion!

2. Adjust the font for revision requests

Adjust/fix the font for revision requests. The r's look like they belong to a different font face.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Show characters submitted to games

I'd like players submitted to games to be visible before they're accepted--that helped a lot of us tailor our characters to fit with the other ones; we were able to edit to make them a team instead of just random characters.

Possibly, submitted characters could be visible or not by narrator choice, but just having them hidden takes away one of the few collaborative abilities in game setup.

(Were there multiple requests to make those hidden? Why was that taken away?)

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Status: writing

Can we show a status where someone is actively writing? I know skype does it as well as other chat clients and the browser can detect keystrokes... it would help people NOT stepping on each other's toes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Game pages now indicate if a user is on the page and whether or not they are writing a move. Hopefully this will help! Thanks for the suggestion.

5. Show "read game" when someone invites you join

It's a huge struggle to try to find a way to read a game that someone has invited you to, and vital if they game is underway.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Players can now visit the Green Room and game page for games and read any existing scenes using the ‘Read’ button on the banner.

6. Show a summary of characters and cards played in a scene

Given that the Gamma release has broken some of the functionality of the "Storium Improver" Greasemonkey script, could we possibly have that functionality included in the game itself?

At the bottom of the current scene it would display the characters, including one for "narrator" (you could rearrange the order by last played/reverse or alphabetically) with a summary of what cards they had remaining and how many cards they had played so far in that scene, as well as how long since their last move. This was especially useful to me as a narrator, but even as a player it is…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow people to review the other characters without leaving the story page.

It's quite hard to keep up with the characters. Be nice to quickly see all that was written about a character while composing.

Also composing box should be bigger!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Users can now click on the character portraits to see a character’s cards and a link to their full profile.

The composing box can be expanded by using the arrow in the corner to drag it larger.

8. Get yourselves a drink.

Because you are all awesome. Gamma is looking shiny.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Referral program and trial accounts.

Allow us to refer people and maybe give them a one-game trial account that they can upgrade if they like.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Put a link to the private messaging and make it easier to use!

We need a link so we don't have to go through the user profile pages! It's awkward! And can we make it so that it auto updates like the commentary does now?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Remove games "under construction" from Narrator's profile

I noticed that after gamma, two games that I was in the process of building appeared on my list of "narrated games". One of these games doesn't even have enough cards created to be valid for inviting characters. I preferred the old method of only adding games to a narrator's profile once they started - although I could see a case for adding a game to the profile once they're put up for open-invite.

I mean, I can hide them by making them "private", I guess, but I preferred it when I didn't have to.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a "cancel edit" button on move editing

There needs to be a way to cancel an edit and return to the previously posted version of the move. As it is right now, if I start to edit a move and then accidentally delete too much text, I have no way to get that text back, except to try to re-create it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create a mini-forum for each game.

I've seen that mini-wiki's will be part of each game to keep track of canon. That's awesome, I was going to suggest something like that, too, as we are using Google docs for this purpose is several games I'm in.

The other thing we are doing is using Google communities to facilitate better communication. Of course, it would be better if we could do all that here, so I propose a mini-forum for each game be created, where we could create new threads etc. Maybe make optionally visible to the community or to invited guests, but limit posting to members…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. flagging people

How about giving us the option of flagging specific people so any games they are involved with stay hidden. There is at least one person I would rather avoid as they retire from after a a game after a couple of posts in almost every game they have been in.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Revision requests should be editable/cancellable

When requesting revisions for a faulty move, posting something then realising that you're either wrong or there's something else to it is particularly annoying. Please could you address this?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this feedback. Just wanted to point out that revision requests are already cancelable. There is a “cancel” link right next to the words “Revisions requested”. We’l see about making that even more obvious!

16. ...add click-and-drag re-ordering to customise home page list page

The ‘customise game list’ interface is pretty terrible. It’s very, very slow, and sometimes just doesn’t work - as in, you click a game, and it won’t move up or down unless you remove it and put it back. No possibility of a 21st-century-style ‘crosshairs’ click-and-drag functionality? Seems like you have a lot of other live-refresh stuff going on so it seems like an odd ommission here…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The home page customisation has been revamped and should be much more functional. Please let us know if it does not function properly!

17. Link for character creation

I notice this has been difficult for me to me to find the link for character creation from my story to provide in the "looking for players" forum post I created - providing this link has seemed to become a best practice among some of the narrators.

Is it possible to simply add the link in text below "Enable" button when open enrollment is active?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Review Character Comments

Currently you are only able to make further comments on a character as the narrator when they re-submit their character. Please allow for an ongoing conversation.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Emulate Character Improvement

As one option, make some cards worth variable points, at the narrator's discretion, to emulate more powerful abilities.

For example, after playing for some time, a wizard's Wizardly Powers card could be upgraded to potentially providing 2 points per card to emulate his increasing skill as a wizard. Later, more upgrades could increase it further.

Another option to emulate increasing characters' abilities would be to issue them more cards and increase their card limit per scene.

One way keeps the choice in the hands of the narrator, the other in the hands of the player.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow Characters to die, but allow Players to re-enter the story with a new character that doesn't overwrite the previous character

This is the biggest problem that our group has had. Characters have died in our games, which is a natural part of telling stories, but the players still want to play. We'd love to be able to have that player remain in the story, but play with a different character. We've managed to this through a workaround of re-editing a dead character, but then that dead character ceases to exist and all previous posts from that player now feature the new character, instead of the dead one, as if the previous character never existed.

So, I'd love to see a…

73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)