Skip to content

General

73 results found

1. Add a Documents area

Add an area to put handouts, background material, images, maps, and other things to share with players.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Character Relationship Cards

I would like to see cards that establish relationships with other player characters that you could then call on to address challenges. This would integrate the player characters better and allow for more player interactions.

621 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Narrator Pause Button

It would be nice to have a way for the Narrator to pause the ability to make moves in a scene until they are ready to allow the action to continue. This way they could pause the scene after someone makes a really disruptive or 'dick' post and then 'resume' once it is straightened out without having the moves continue roughshod along making it impossible to reverse something.

496 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Use a Flickr CC-Licensed search to suggest usable artwork

Flickr offers a search API that allows you to constrain searches to Creative Commons License images. Given the right license, these should be okay to use in a game like Storium with derivative & original content uses.

For what it's worth, I used to write some flash fiction on a site called ficly.com that did the same thing for story inspirations

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. let players spectate for certain scenes

So, this is more a comment in 4+ player games, but I'm in a 2-player game right now for which it's also relevant.

It's not always reasonable that each character will be in every scene, but right now there's no way to handle that except for people to willfully refrain from participating.

That works kind of, but it doesn't alter the available currency for the narrator in the scene. (Or rather, when the "you're spending more challenge points than the players can resolve" message pops up.)

Also, it can be easy to forget when folks are deliberately spectating.

So I…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to publish worlds

Guessing this is already planned, but having the ability to publish a world that you've made and browsing other narrators' published worlds would be awesome. I know worlds aren't really that complicated, so might be this idea is a waste, but who knows what you might be inspired to do after seeing other peoples' world ideas.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Stock card images

The cards associated with the stock worlds are all "missing image" icons - it'd tres keen if there were images associated with them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Heh, we’ll they’re not really intended to be “missing images” (more like default art) but the fact that you interpret them as such is perhaps telling! :)

We are definitely planning to provide more art choices. One of the goals of our upcoming Kickstarter campaign is to finance this!

9. List how many people have taken Natures next to Natures in character creation

I think it would be useful for games with a lot of players where the Natures are fairly exclusionary, for example, the open starship game I'm planning with lots of exclusive roles as Nature, such as captain, second in command, etc.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Games rating on join page

It would be helpful to put an optional movie style rating system (G, PG, PG-13,R) descriptor for each game on the Join page. It would help folks determine if they wanted join a game or not, and should be fairly cosmetic.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. URL detection

There was just a URL pasted in a commentary window, which I had to copy and paste to see it. Would it be possible for URL detection in that and in the main flow? Perhaps automatically popping to another window?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Quite right. It’s not linked at the moment simply because we’re aggressively filtering out content that could be troublemaking (hacks, etc). We need to dial it back in this case.

12. On the Ending the Scene dialogue the narrator can't see the character cards only goals and assets

It would be nice as the narrator to at least be able to see the character cards when Ending the Scene. I want to use a character I built to foreshadow the next scene, but I can't remember the exact title I used. Since he wasn't in the current scene, I can't see anything about him as I write the scene end.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow me to move the character description modal

When I'm creating a character, and it's time for me to enter a description, the modal window obscures some of the cards I've chosen, making it tough for me to refer back to them whilst describing.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Clarify how points work.

At present, the engine tells you how many points you have left for a scene, as narrator. Might want to add some advice on holding points back to play later in the scene. Also, it's unclear whether or not I'm "supposed" to use all of those points in the current scene, or if that's the budget for multiple scenes. More clarity would be good.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A micro-wiki for keeping track of created canon

Something that would be useful for a longer-term game would be a player-viewable reference to NPCs, locations, etc. documented in the canon, probably something editable by everyone. (Perhaps this already exists, but the game we're playing is too new to use it.)

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We are planning to do this! It will probably happen around the time of our Kickstarter campaign, sooner if we can manage. There will be wiki-like pages for both narrators and for players. Pre-built Storium worlds will come with “canon” content for both pages, and then participants will be able to add to them. Sound good?

16. Provide more guidance about narrative contributions

I know it's early days, so I'm thankful for as much help as you already have. That said, it's really hard to play without some guidance about what sort of authority or liberty individual players are supposed to take with the narrative on their turns. It feels like a good way to play would be to make some short moves without playing cards to get a feel for a scene ("free roleplay" if you will) and then start making moves with mechanical punch. In any case, telling us how you play, or how you intend the game to be played…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Call out that players can't play cards without an obstacle in the scene.

I created my first scene entirely with goal cards, which confused players who wanted to play cards from their hands. If I understood that obstacles allowed / forced card play, and they understood that no obstacle meant no cards were allowed / required, that would have made the opening scene smoother.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make the purpose of card stacks clearer.

When adding cards to a scene, it's difficult to understand what the number of cards in a stack means -- either as narrator or player.

As a narrator, I thought my players would be able to split the stacks. As players, they thought they'd be able to take as many as they wanted. Seems like the reality is between, where a player must take an entire stack if they take anything?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this feedback. We used to have more language in the product explaining this but removed it because users complained it was too much. Guess we took it too far. :) We’ll figure out a better way to explain this!

As for the specifics, a stack of cards can’t be divided. Each card in the stack is a time that the player can use it in a scene. So an Asset with 5 cards can be used 5 times before it is no longer available.

19. Speed up email notifications

Storium is great! But it'd be nice if email notifications came quicker: right now our game is doing mostly lengthy posts, so it's not bad, but if we were going back and forth with short dialogue, it'd be cool to get those notifications immediately.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. All Player Accessible NPC information page?

A simple editable document (basic formatting and bullet points) attached to each game, accessible to players and Narrators only, to jot notes to maintain continuity during the story. Players/Narrator could use the page to include NPC names, important plot point, bit of backstory, etc for use specifically during the composition of a move. It would need to be accessible to players while writing moves, but not need to include as many details as would be included on a previously suggested 'cast list' of NPCs.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great suggestion, thank you! We actually have this in our evil plans. Worlds will come with narrator and player-oriented documents that provide backstory, plot ideas, etc. You’ll be able to edit and add to these in the course of play!

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base