Skip to content

General

96 results found

1. Ability to look for local players, or at least players in same time zone

I am in a game that is stretched over multiple time zones, so players make their moves at different times of the day.

I wonder what the experience would be if a game could be played with all players being local to each other.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Autocomplete User Names

In the commentary track, I am trying to speak to another player in the game with their User Name. I noticed other people did the same, but typos caused problems and prevented notifications. If it would be possible to enable an autocomplete function, for user names within the same game, that would be excellent.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Notification Readablility

The current notification sidebar is very short and list format gets quickly clogged up by streams of comment notifications. If you put how much activity has passed since you last saw a story on the games thumbnail itself it would improve readability and show you how much activity has passed on the games themselves. Allowing players to keep track of the games they are a part of more easily as notifications that fall off the edge of the sidebar on the homepage never reach me. See attached image for an example.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow editing of unapproved characters

I left a word out of my character description and can't fix it! Can we just go update the description or something? Or do we have to wait for approval? A typo or error is an eyesore to me.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow narrators to make another player a co-narrator.

Many campaigns work well with multiple narrators, especially if parties split and re-form, or if one person runs plot and the other runs NPCs. A narrator should be able to make a second player a co-narrator of the game they are a member of.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow Open Lobby without listing game as Looking for Group

I like the idea of allowing a peanut gallery to comment on the game as it progesses. Maybe even offer suggestions or talk about the game as it happens. Like people watching a TV show together.

But leaving the Lobby open for this discourse also sets the game to Looking for Group, which will confuse people who are trying to find games. So as it is, it's not really going to work.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. allow for randomized cards

The narrator should be able to designate a set of cards as a themed "mini-deck" that he can attach to a scene. He can then give players "draws" from the deck over the course of the scene as a response to play. These decks could be random treasures, outcomes, unexpected events, or even just a random number generator. Whatever the narrator needs.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Revision History

When someone changes a character or edits a move it would be nice to be able to see at least the last revision of that item. Getting notifications that someone changed something is nice but it's difficult to keep track of what it was prior to the edit.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. talking stick/speaker's staff

You have probably already gotten this suggestion, but just in case you haven't, or haven't had it presented in this manner...

Aboriginal tribes, especially the original natives of the northwest coast of North America, used an excellent early form of "Robert's Rules" to control the order of conversation. From Wikipedia:

"In a tribal council circle, a talking stick is passed around from member to member allowing only the person holding the stick to speak. This enables all those present at a council meeting to be heard, especially those who may be shy; consensus can force the stick to move along…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Categorise or allow filtering of games with keywords in their description

Because I don't want to play one of the eleventy vampire based games that show up in EVERY damn role play type place.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Shortcut to bottom

It would be very nice to have a shortcut to the bottom of the page for long scenes.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow the Narrator to Upload a Photo Pool

This would allow the Narrator to furnish a consistent pool of photos for the players to draw their cards from. For example, as it is, you could end up with a mix of black-and-white and color pictures, photo realistic portraits and manga-style characters, photos of actors and sketches the players did themselves. It's a visual nightmare.

If the narrator could furnish a pool of consistent photos, it would allow for a very visually cohesive game. And it would speed up character creation too!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Character bio text needs to be visible in popup under the cast list

There is a small free form bio section attached to each player character. It would be nice if that was shown in the rollover popup for the Cast area.

I noticed this was marked completed as in Alpha 2, but I don't see it on the rollover.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. In Alpha 2 we have added more character info to the popups, but you’re right that the bio is still not shown. This is mostly a space consideration, because bios can be quite long (and many are). We’ll noodle on how we might be able to fit this in…

14. More Card Slots at Character Creation

I like the way that you create characters right now, in that you pick your archetype and your strength and your weakness. But I was wondering if there was a way to pick more cards at creation. Maybe just have it be something the narrator can set when they start the game. "Players are allowed to start with this many cards."

I assume that once the game starts a player can accumulate any number of cards, but starting off with a couple more could change the tone of the game... and being able to start with five cards would make…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Give us a way to vote the current narrator out

I'm in more than one game that was going along pretty well but has suddenly fizzled as the narrator has found himself lacking either the time or the desire to continue. This has left players who had been in the middle of telling a great story with no creative outlet. It's already been mentioned there are plans for switching narrators voluntarily. I'd also I'd like for there to be a way for the players to vote someone else into the narrator slot to carry on in such a situation.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Let narrators write a first scene before players sign up

The way it is now people are creating characters and have no idea if they will fit into the story or not. Potential players have no idea if they like the way the narrator writes. It wastes everybody's time.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow users to set what time of day they'd like to recieve their daily digest e-mail

Just a little setting in the user options, for e-mail updates, so you can get your daily digest e-mail whenever's convenient to you. Since we all live in different timezones, setting it up so we all get our digest e-mail after breakfast or whatever would be quite tough.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Guilds/Clubs/Societies

I would love to have a way to meet like minded people, and have some kind of official forum to chat in, swap ideas, hints, tricks, tips, or just brag. Some examples would be a Narrator's board, a D&D player's board, a board for each world, a board for world building, a board of art, a board for religious people of various belief systems (or for atheists), a board for feminists, a board for LGBTQ, (these last few could be really good, as they would allow players to find like minded players more easily).

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. add a homepage for games in which I am a player.

As games grow, it would be really useful to be able to click on the game I play in and, instead of being brought directly into a scene, instead be brought to the game's homepage. The homepage would be the name, game blurb, list of player characters, and then the list of scenes within that game. That will also make it easy to go back and reread things that have happened, keep up with scenes in which I am not playing, and refresh myself on character bios.

I do really like the "play" button attached to games I belong to,…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Link public commentary to the time of moves

Reading the excellent The Lady Vanishes is enhanced by the backchannel-like discussion/commentary, but it isn't clear when moves are being commented on, or 'spoiled' in the commentary. An optional or unobtrusive indicator of the link in time between the two sets of text would be great.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?