Skip to content

General

96 results found

1. Sorting out cards as narrator

After playing a game for a while, I've collected a great deal of different character/places/obstacles cards only sorted out by name. As the game goes on, surely, more cards will be added to that--to a point where it will be hard to pre-make a bunch of cards for the next scene, and finding them later when the cards actually need to be played.

I'd like to see an option to move cards into folders, allowing me to sort them out by whatever I want. For example, a folder in the character cards section for NPC of an organization, or obstacle-folders…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Make favorited moves/characters/stories even more useful

So we know that you're planning to add a more robust favorite system, being able to star more than just stories. I have some thoughts about expanding the mechanic.

First, I think a clever but rewarding UI addition would be a minimalist star-score in a writer's header (see attached), as well as on their profile page. Perhaps consider separating the categories, so that players can have their personal work 'galleries' that displays their public contributions on their own profiles.

Starring posts can also be a tool for quality regulation, while introducing another way to involve cards with storytelling. Not only…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Give us a way to vote the current narrator out

I'm in more than one game that was going along pretty well but has suddenly fizzled as the narrator has found himself lacking either the time or the desire to continue. This has left players who had been in the middle of telling a great story with no creative outlet. It's already been mentioned there are plans for switching narrators voluntarily. I'd also I'd like for there to be a way for the players to vote someone else into the narrator slot to carry on in such a situation.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Story and Character Downloads

Hi Storium,

LOVE THE GAME! I have one request. I would find it very helpful to be able to download a text file of the story so far and character descriptions of those who are playing. That would help a lot for players to maintain continuity without having to go back through all the online scene screens to review who has which object; what that little plot twist was and who made it; even details like what the setting is.

Thank you,

Dawn Cromwell
    The Story Seeker

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow narrators to delete games

It's great that we can retire games, but we should still have the ability to delete a game. Not all narrators are treated well and not all games have cooperative players. If the narrator wishes to withdraw the effort and be done with it, they should have the right to-- they're the ones doing the lion's share of the effort. How did this get taken from us with 10 votes?

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We will figure out a way to allow game deletion while also respecting players’ rights to their own content. This may take a bit because our current architecture doesn’t support editing a game’s history, extracting a specific user’s contributions, or exporting game content. All of these things are planned, though.

6. For some challenges, last card played selects different player as winner

As an option: allow the narrator to define a "pass the buck" challenge. The winner of the PTB challenge (last card played) must select some other player to complete the story.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. show 'last posted' time when showing a character's info.

When I click a character, or go to a character's page, it would be nice to see when the character last posted. It might be a little easier in post heavy games to make sure no one is being left behind.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. display most recent move date in browse view

So we can see if the games are still active without having to click through

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow narrators to make another player a co-narrator.

Many campaigns work well with multiple narrators, especially if parties split and re-form, or if one person runs plot and the other runs NPCs. A narrator should be able to make a second player a co-narrator of the game they are a member of.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Who favorites my game?

I noticed my game has been favorited by people. I can see why making favorites public may be a bit intrusive, but it would be cool if I could know whether these are actual people outside my game interested in what's going on, if it's the players within my game, or what. Basically, I'd like it if favorites worked more like followers on Twitter.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow users to set what time of day they'd like to recieve their daily digest e-mail

Just a little setting in the user options, for e-mail updates, so you can get your daily digest e-mail whenever's convenient to you. Since we all live in different timezones, setting it up so we all get our digest e-mail after breakfast or whatever would be quite tough.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Shortcut to bottom

It would be very nice to have a shortcut to the bottom of the page for long scenes.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow assets to be set as Strong by the Narrator

I like the idea of Assets, but they tend to be things that will help the heroes' chances. It seems a little off for them to be considered neutral cards. It might be better to either make them special Strength cards that always move things towards a Strong outcome, or to let the Narrator set that as an option when creating an Asset.

(Actually, you could maybe let the Narrator set an Asset as Strong, Neutral, or Weak. The latter, especially when handed directly to a player instead of set on the field, could let them represent things like injuries,…

96 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to look for local players, or at least players in same time zone

I am in a game that is stretched over multiple time zones, so players make their moves at different times of the day.

I wonder what the experience would be if a game could be played with all players being local to each other.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. End Game Button

I would love a button to just end a game, instead of having to create a final scene. Unfortunately I had a game abandoned by the majority of the players, and it was a hassle to end the game because I had to end the scene. Then start a new "final scene" and then end it too.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Character Info hover

When you hover over an avatar of other player in the game, the character info automatically comes up. This would be helpful, especially for larger games, to get a quick overview of players character's without having to scroll to the top and click on the avatar.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. talking stick/speaker's staff

You have probably already gotten this suggestion, but just in case you haven't, or haven't had it presented in this manner...

Aboriginal tribes, especially the original natives of the northwest coast of North America, used an excellent early form of "Robert's Rules" to control the order of conversation. From Wikipedia:

"In a tribal council circle, a talking stick is passed around from member to member allowing only the person holding the stick to speak. This enables all those present at a council meeting to be heard, especially those who may be shy; consensus can force the stick to move along…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Revision History

When someone changes a character or edits a move it would be nice to be able to see at least the last revision of that item. Getting notifications that someone changed something is nice but it's difficult to keep track of what it was prior to the edit.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Use a pseudonym

It would be nice to start/join a game under a pseudonym.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create special challenges that can only be completed with a specific asset card

As other folks have mentioned, asset cards are not very useful/special in game play right now. What if the narrator could create special challenges that can only be completed with a specific asset card? This would give asset cards more value as well as force players to use up certain asset cards at important junctures. For example, if an NPC sends the players on a quest and gives them a special key to open a certain chest, it kind of defeats the purpose of the special key if they open the chest using a "Clever" strength card. Right now, it…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?