Skip to content

General

96 results found

1. "To the Top" function

In the mobile set-up specifically you can scroll forever and not find the bottom or the top of a page but there can still be a lot of scrolling in the browser as well. I would like to see a "to the top" option after each person's post and at the top a "To the Comments" and "To the Bottom" option as well as a footer with a link to the home page in it. These options will make site navigation easier on a mobile device and in standard browsers.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Scale Refreshes

Refresh is a really interesting thing to happen to a character, and it'd be awesome to have that happen faster early on - by my experience, it takes a couple of weeks before first refresh.

What if at character creation, you got 1 Strength card, 1 Weakness and 1 Wild each.

At first refresh, you pick up your 2 S, 1 W, where the new S card is a copy of any of the cards you played (so you could have more of your starting S, or more of your Wild S.)

At second refresh, you take 2 S, 2…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. View challenge history

From the play a card section it would be really useful to be able to somehow view all the posts the relate to a particular challenge. When there is lots going on, it's sometimes hard to remember everyone's moves and it would be good to be able to use previous responses as inspiration for your own move, or at least so you can write with consistently with the action.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. show 'last posted' time when showing a character's info.

When I click a character, or go to a character's page, it would be nice to see when the character last posted. It might be a little easier in post heavy games to make sure no one is being left behind.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. BUG: No cancel button on the "Give feedback"

I started to add feedback, then saw that someone else already had in "More matches" section. There is no obvious cancel button to get me off the Give feedback dialog box, escape doesn't work, etc, and yet I don't want to post an idea! How can we close this without posting something?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Whoa weird, you are right! There is supposed to be an “X” in the upper right corner of that window. In fact, it’s there, and if you tap or click in the corner it will close the window. But for some reason the “X” itself is invisible. We will investigate!

6. Outcome colors aren't color-blind friendly

The colors used to denote a strong and weak outcome look very similar to someone with protanopia, like me. Uncertain is pretty distinct, but strong and weak look almost identical. This is why I'm generally not a fan of using red and green to represent opposing concepts.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Use gravatars for profile pictures

Unless someone specifically overrides that.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please don't limit us in Alpha 2 or other updates

The rules you described for Alpha 2 are neat, but not at all how we've been running our games. Please consider giving us tools, suggestions on how to use the tools, but also many alternate ways to use those tools. That's the best way you can build the biggest most diverse community. For example in my games cards are like criticals, plain and simple. You couldn't have done it before? With a card now you can. Couldn't have seen the clue? With a card now you can. I don't like the idea of players closing the story as they don't…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the honest comments and for caring enough to write us about your concerns!

When Alpha 2 launches existing games will be unaffected and unchanged, so your existing games will keep working exactly the way they have been, no need to fear.

New games will use the new Alpha 2 rules. When they’re ready I hope you’ll want to give the new rules a try and let us know what you think!

9. Use the Prismatic Art Collection as a source for fantasy avatars

I love that you want players to only use images for which they have permission and rights for avatars - but the reality is the vast majority of us have no access to such images. This wouldn't be a problem except that avatars are required for characters.

I see there's already a plan to include a gallery of avatars in a future update; I'd suggest for fantasy worlds it'd be worth checking out the Prismatic Art Collection. It has characters of a variety of genders and ethnicities, all released under a Creative Commons license.

You can find the collection here: …

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. show characters as 100% when complete rather than 95%

After filling out all the cards, adding a description, adding an image (with attribution) and a note for the narrator, the character is still shown as 95% complete.

I spent a minute looking around for other things to fill out before I decided to just hit the submit for approval button anyway, which bumped it up to 100% complete.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. Ironically, what you describe is how it used to work — it used to read 100% at that point. But the problem was that a large number of people interpreted that to mean that they were “done” and didn’t realize they still needed to hit that final button to actually submit their character. So we seem to have confusion here either way! :)

11. Use a pseudonym

It would be nice to start/join a game under a pseudonym.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. nickname on the site

Opps - when I 1st registered and filled out the nickname for this site, I did not realize that I could not change it. Thus, I used my MMO gaming handle... which sounds ... well, it gives a bad impression in context of this writing/gaming site. Can you either let players change their nicknames within the 1st day of signing up, or post a message in the sign up form that lets users know that their nickname cannot be changed so think it through?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good point, thanks for the feedback! Meanwhile, please open a support ticket (which is private) and let us know your current nickname and what you would like it changed to — we’ll fix it. :)

13. Make buttons clickable on mobile safari

I was using my phone to make a move but when I went to the dialog to pick an item I could not hit the "send" or "ok" button (forget the button label) after picking something for my character to pick up.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Help a first time narrator with their first scene.

I have two challenges, 1 point each, and no one has made a move yet, but it says all challenges are defeated and I should consider ending the scene.

Am I doing something wrong?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. How do I get at the custom cards I've created in other games?

I've narrated several games, and in the course of them, I've created, probably, hundreds of Strength and Weaknesses of a generic sort useful for any a game.

When I am setting up a new game, is there a way I can get at those custom cards I've created myself? For Add cards, I see "Add from world" and "Add custom" but the latter only seems to look at the current game, not other games I have created.

Is there a way to do this that I am missing?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change the Subplot card icon

I'm not a fan of the pennant icon for Subplot. It doesn't seem to speak "I AM A SUBPLOT" and it's a little too close to the Goal icon.

Perhaps something like a bent arrow, forked path, or detour sign might more clearly identify what it represents.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback, I totally see what you mean. We really struggled with this icon because Subplot cards are functionally VERY similar to Goal cards — they are both things that your character is working towards, and in both cases you earn a reward once you play all the cards.

That said, agree that the similarity could be confusing. We’ll give this more thought, and really appreciate the suggestions.

1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base