Skip to content

General

1027 results found

1. Indents.

I would like to be able to indent. Currently, I don't believe it's possible to as a player. Though I suppose it works just as well, or possibly better, to just have it on a new paragraph, indentation still feels like a rather important option for a site based around writing.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Green Room link, bottom of the screen as well

Please include a Green Room link at the bottom of the screen as well as the top, so that while following the new posts in a story, near the bottom of the screen, we can also see new Green Room posts.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Normalize "blockquote" to HTML standards

In HTML, "blockquote" is used to pre-format text without using more advanced formatting and styles. It preserves and passes on everything you type within the container, including blank lines, which your blockquote does not, it deletes them, even if you put ">" at the beginning of a blank line. Also, it preserves extra spaces within the line, so that you can move text to the right using spaces. Your current blockquote does little more than apply a vertical line to the left of what you type, and remove blank lines that ordinary text would preserve.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. How about personal word-count statistics?

I'd be interested in knowing my personal word count in games, over time, etc.

For example, if I could learn that I have written 12,500 words in a particular game over a span of 20 scenes, or something like that.

A total word count for all games? Just some sort of personal writing stats I could review. It would be helpful for people who have writing goals.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. add more photo storage.

Our characters are from an MMO that allows an almost infinite number of character costumes and appearances. It'd be great fun to be able to add multiple "looks" for our characters: work, play, and so on. AND to be able to see more than the tiny avatars.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Friendlist

Hey,
    I would apreciate it, if you could add people to a friendlist to stay in touch with people you like to play with and to make it more comfortable to invite your friends to a story you re hosting.
    ~Stein

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow users to swap between character pictures when multiples in one game

Allow users who have more than one character in a game to be able to switch pictures while on their main profile page. Right now it defaults to the last created character for that game. I'd like the option to switch it, like switching roles while in game.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Not give completion credit for retired characters

It seems very peculiar that, when a story is completed, players whose characters retired from the story beforehand (often without ever making a single move) still have the story show as a completion in their profile.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. allow "cardless games" & scenes

Allow hosts to make a game or single scene cardless.

In a cardless game, narrators still have place, character and obstacle cards to use in a scene, but players do not have to choose any cards for a challenge when playing.

In a cardless scene, same deal, just no challenges will occur.

Why cardless? Allows more flexibility in creating games, and makes the opposite end of the spectrum possible concerning Game Style (An absolute on Focus on Writing, except hosts don't need to make a minimum of cards to start a game, and players don't need to pick cards at…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Create an option to create multiple threads or rooms within the Green Room.

In my game Pantheons, where the players play gods, we often have extensive OOC discussions about how the world works and how we want it to work, as well as coordinating for future plans. Often multiple major, complex lines of discussion are pursued at the same time, and with ten or more players, it gets confusing and chaotic fast. I would love to be able to organize the discussion like the game's own little forum. Discuss how the calendar works in this part of the Green Room, over here coordinate on greatworks, over here coordinate on the celestial Court assignments,…

75 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Implement counters/tokens for keeping track of numbers of things

Card mechanics are useful inside challenges but are not always useful for keeping track of certain details that are important to the story but don't directly drive the plot.

Cards can only be played as part of a challenge and there are only so many challenge points available for each scene.

My idea is to implement Counters (or Tokens) which are not played directly but are used to help Narrators and Players keep track of something, such as 'shots fired', items in an inventory, 'health points', 'mana points', or anything else there might be one or more of.

Each player…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a comments section for non-players

I'm following a game that I'm not part of. I'd like to be able to tell them how much I'm enjoying it. Could we have a section for non-players to be able to add comments. Perhaps with narrator moderation?

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. make character creation non-sequential.

The thing I am finding I don't like about character creation is that it is hard-wired in to be sequential. I don't like that at all. Sometimes I think of a weakness before I can think of a good strength. Sometimes, I want to write the character description and name before I even think about creating or choosing cards. It's somewhat frustrating that I cannot see and be able to choose from all of the options available for all of the card types at one time, rather than having to choose the Nature first, and so on. I would rather…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Stay on and display challenge card you just saved & date cards

When I create and save a challenge card on the game page in a narrator move it goes into the deck and the card display is cleared. Then I have to go hunt the (large long!) deck of challenge cards and try to remember what I just named that card to find it, select it for re-display in order to edit further or play it. Please leave the current card displayed.

Perhaps some kind of indicator of the date a card was created and the ability to sort by date as well as alphabetically would be super useful. Then I…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Create a way to extract all of a user's gameplay to date

Right now if I'm coming up with backstory in scene 4, and I want to refer to it in scene 50, I have to comb through 49 scenes to figure out where I said the thing I want to reference. Ditto if I want to refer to an earlier conversation.

The new feature would allow you to:
    a) For a particular game, create an extract of all the moves for a particular character, and/or

b) Create an extract of all moves in which a particular character was mentioned by name.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Green Room character sorting

A simple one: sort Green Room characters so retired are last; perhaps even a simple separator line between. Thanks.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The (Editable) Lore Page: Our Stories' Origins

The way a story starts in storium is through a first scenario, based on what? Theres no place to describe the lore on which the story is dependent on. It would be nice if there was a dedicated tab within the game where there was an editable lore. This would give a solid visual of the world in which the story is based in.
    It would be great if it had a controlled edit, where the host could assign certain users, or all trusted users in a private game, the ability to edit the lore as well, so that everyone…

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Using Ideal to pay

So I recently joined storium and want to become a member. Unfortunately I can't become one since I do not own a credit card or PayPal account. I can imagine that more European players might have this problem. Which is why I wanted to ask to include Ideal in the paying options.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Card choice on challenges have largely become predictable

In the majority of the games I've seen and have played in, the challenges can usually be broken into "physical challenges" and "social challenges." It's gotten to a point where there isn't a ton of choice anymore, because people are automatically dropping their subplots and weakness cards on "social challenges" in order to "get them out of the way" so that strength cards can be played on more "important" scenes.

This has led to a certain level of a lack of creativity. And it's why I believe we need to split up the strength and weakness cards into two categories.…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enable player reference sections for custom worlds

With the public launch, there are new works with a "player reference" section. This appears as a separate tab in the Green Room and contains general information about the world which may be useful but not relevant enough to put in the introduction blurb or the "Info for players and invitees" section. This section should be made available to creators of custom worlds to edit, for exactly this purpose. Similarly, narrators using a pre-made worlds which includes one of these sections should be given the option to add to it, to explain where in the world their game is set…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 51 52
  • Don't see your idea?