Skip to content

General

1026 results found

1. Refresh the most followed games section!

I was hoping that every month or so, the most followed games section would be refreshed. Only displaying games that have moved considerably in that time. That way new players could see the current most followed games. Maybe even have an on the rise section?

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. add an off-topic or multiple non-Storium-related topics to forums.

I have found that in many cases, I have come to like people on this site who I have played with or chatted with elsewhere for far more than just their writing abilities. However, the forums only have options to talk about things directly related to games and gameplay.

I heard kai say that things would be better if we could talk to each other without always talking about Storium directly.

Therefore, I suggest you have either an "off-topic" or multiple non-Storium-related categories on the forums. This would allow the forums to serve as a place where Storium users could…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. More interaction from the Storium creators and More capability to join the community!

Basically, I was hoping for more interaction from the Storium creators signalling that they are still alive and they are acknowledging the players. When you first join the sight, the lack of announcements and signals that the site is live causes you to initially stumble around aimlessly. Only if you're lucky enough to come across the right people, the 'world' per se, becomes open to you. Otherwise, tough luck. I was very lucky and stumbled upon the thriving community in one of my first games and have since jumped upon the bandwagon, though I worry for those who are unlucky…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the direct and constructive feedback. We are definitely here and working hard. We know we need to do a better job of being visible, and will try to do so!

A lot of our work lately has been focused on StoriumEdu, a new verison of Storium that is designed for educational use (to help build students’ skills and motivation as writers). Our goal with StoriumEdu is to reach more people, have a bigger impact, and (last but not least) establish a sustainable business which in turn enables us to hire more folks to help with Storium.com!

If you’re up for it, could you elaborate on what you mean when you say you’d like “a function to help bring new players to the somewhat hidden community”? Thanks!

4. I'd like to be able to save my characters independently of the story they are in.

The idea would be that any character I create would be saved on my profile independently of if the story they were created for gets deleted or they get retired.

Sometimes you get into a game, it starts nice, but then it dies off and gets deleted. And then... you lose your character? It's pretty unenjoyable.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. RSS Feed for New Games

It'd be great to be notified when new games are posted at https://storium.com/games so we could get the jump on finding a new game when someone starts it. An RSS feed would be, in theory, a great way to accomplish that

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Storium should have an app

Right now Storium isn't very phone friendly so when I check in on my phone I can barely read what's already on the page let alone what I'm typing. I think if you guys could develop a Storium app it would make being able to check in and make moves on the go much easier from all devices.

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Blog gone?

Hi,

it looks like the blog link at the bottom of the page now takes you to the tumblr homepage, via a redirect.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. add a way to highlight excellent prose

Sometimes some truly excellent prose is written in Storium. It would be nice to flag/highlight/thumbs-up/applaud really top quality work for future readers and or future reference.

At present, the indicators of excellent quality writing are the number of followers (stars) and if the story has been featured before. It would be nice to have something more fine-grain.

Also, it would be nice for people coming afterwards to leave their applause for well-written sections of a story.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow us to 'clean up' our own profiles.

I'd like us to be able to, individually, edit which of our games show up on our profile.

I was mostly concerned with the "Completed Games" list because there are games on that list which, for varied reasons, I do not think I've "earned", if that makes sense. As such, they don't reflect "me" as a writer.

I brought this up on the following thread: https://storium.com/forums#/category/general/thread/409pvw

On there, it was also suggested that there are games on the other lists that would be good to showcase, even if they were suspended, etc.

So not exactly "hiding" our histories, just adding…

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. True Shared Narration

Single narration is great. And rotating narration adds a fun bit of chaos to proceedings...

but there are times when two or more people want to narrate a story together... and while handing narration back and forth is perfectly functional... games with more than one regular or even semi-regular narrator would flow much more smoothly if we could share narration duties with someone right from the start without either handing back and forth or manipulating the rotating narration system to get that to work.

So... yeah... another narration button in the game management screen would be great... that lets us…

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. lose 'nudges'

Back in the day, when there were few communication options open to narrators, this may have been a really useful piece of functionality, so I'm absolutely not dissing the original decision to have it.

But now that there are character comment areas, PMs, discussion areas and comment sections, allowing for a 'nudge' seems to just encourage narrators to use a non-communicative automated response when a message would do a much better job.

Having spoken to some other folk, I've discovered that Storium users, on balance, find nudging to be irritating at best and at worst downright rude. If you think…

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Let narrators give an Asset stack to multiple players at the same time

There are often situations in which a narrator needs to hand an asset stack to multiple characters within the same move or put down multiple stacks of the same Asset/Goal for pick-up.

If I wanted to give 3 players 1 of the same asset, the current process for that is:
    1. "Give"
    2. Select quantity (mouse clicks)
    3. Select the player
    4. "Confirm"
    5. (Repeat 3 times)

It would be really helpful if we had checkboxes (or a Shift+Click) to select multiple players under "Choose a Player" in the "Give" pop-up so that things are more like:

1. "Give"
    2. Select quanity…
    5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Shared move

Sometimes you want to make a dynamic move, for example, an action or conversation scene but it is too hard when you need to write sentence by sentence while waiting for the other player to react to your action or question.

you need to add the possibility to make a shared move, that when it is published to people played in it.
    You can differ who is who by different colors on the "move bubble".
    Each player could play a different card and when they publish both cards are simultaneously played.

Imagine a fight between two players in one move…

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Linking Stories into a Series

As Storium continues, it is possible people will want to link multiple stories into a continuity (or a "saga", perhaps?). We should give them the option to list links to the previous stories for people to be able to reference.

84 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow people to choose multiple different strength/weakness cards.

Like, I find it weird that you can only chose one card to start with, but you get duplicates. You SHOULD get to chose multiple different cards.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide Hosts with a "Please Hand Off Your Character" button

A lot of Hosts have run into the problem of players that disappear on them and the only choice you have is to force retire the character. When the character is one you genuinely need, it's highly annoying! So what if there was a way for the Storium system to provide the player with a polite way to complete the hand-off without having to suffer the embarrassment of interacting with the Host whom they have let down, or having to do anything more than send a hurried "Yes" in response to an email? Or click a button within that email?…

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Consequences: Negative Assets

While positive assets serve as strengths that may be received through the story, there should also be an option to reflect injuries and the results of bad decisions that may come back to haunt the character.

These "consequences", as the Fate system would call them, could be given just the same way as normal assets, and also offered for pick-up.

One example for a situation where this would be useful:

Character A, whose side story is to "get all the gold!", enters a trapped vault. If the player just plays the neutral side story card, they can advance the story,…

94 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Have a "games played with you" section on profile

When I'm looking at the games on a player's profile, it's often because I know I've played with them before but I can't recall in what game(s). Having a list of what games you've played together with them, including suspended games and games they've retired from, would cut down on search time immensely.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Unable to edit open lobby post with no replies from mobile

While attempting to edit a typo in an open lobby post from my android phone, I was unable to save due to the message depicted in the screenshot. However, there are no replies to said post, so I should be able to edit it.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Suggestion re: licensing

I'd like to suggest adding the ability to filter games by license.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General