Skip to content

General

1026 results found

1. Several tiny intimate story combined creates one larger far-reaching story!

After reading through the forum, I came upon a topic relating to free play and membership and it cites, "three people per story led to the most successful games". A statement I found informative, sparking a idea.

The idea is simple, why not allow the creation of several self contained stories, each populated with three different people plus the host, inhabiting the same world/story space, with two unique
    mechanics, the first and second being, that each self contained story can choose to interact with one another and exchange people/players as long as its implicated within the plot.
    A additional optional…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add the ability to mark a character "completed" instead of forcing retirement

Stories can end either by "suspension"--meaning they didn't actually reach a conclusion--or by "completion"--meaning that they did. But if a story is ongoing but a character has died or otherwise completed his story, currently the only option is for the player to retire or be retired.

It would be cool to give narrators the option to mark a character "completed" rather than forcing retirement in these cases, and have Completed characters show up on the player's profile. (I think I'd keep it just as a narrator power, but not sure on that.)

This can matter, as honestly a player having…

175 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The "Opposing Outcome" Challenge Card

One way of promoting player vs. player interaction would be to introduce an "Opposing Outcome" Challenge Card. Unlike conventional challenge cards (with strong or weak outcomes), an Opposing Outcome Challenge would be used by players to determine which of two mutually exclusive outcomes take place. The accompanying image shows what two of these cards might look like.

The challenge presents two alternative Courses Of Action. These COA’s might be in the form of two choices (administer conventional medicine or an untested experimental vaccine in a medical game; reason with a creature/monster or attack it in a sci-fi/fantasy game; voting for…

178 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow narrators to start new games with characters from the old one

Sometimes in a game you reach a point where it would be dramatically appropriate to end the story, but would like to allow players to carry on later with characters as they were. I'd like a function that would allow you to end a game but start a new one with those characters, complete with all cards they had at the end of the last one.

Alternately, make it possible to start the chapter numbering over in the same game when a dramatically appropriate end point has been reached.

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add "active on" and "vacation" options to user profiles

I've come to the conclusion that saying in chat that I only log in on certain days of the week (in every game I join) is all well and good, but not only is the effort tediously redundant, but once that first scene is done, the information is left back there with it.

I propose a line be added to the user profiles that is something to the effect of "Active On:" and then auto-filled with what the user checks in their settings. They can select certain days of the week, or other encompassing options like "Daily" or "Flexible". I…

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Users can now set ‘vacation mode’ through their profiles with an optional return date. When set, this displays an icon on all instances of their avatars (Narrator or player) and when clicked will display the return date so that absences can be more easily communicated. Thanks!

6. Ability to search games, users, and worlds

A way to search the existing games more efficiently than going down the list 5-10 at a time would be a great idea. Some of the games featured in the Kickstarter info, I'd like to check out.

694 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  33 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow narrators to pick NPC characters for scenes without making them obstacles.

Narratively, I'd like to pick NPC characters that are currently in a scene and not have to make them all obstacles for the players. Perhaps I have three jungle explorers that I want my player to talk to, in order to get needed information. I'd like to be able to include all three NPC explorers as characters in the scene (with their pictures and such). But make the obstacle more general with a separate card.

950 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Character Relationship Cards

I would like to see cards that establish relationships with other player characters that you could then call on to address challenges. This would integrate the player characters better and allow for more player interactions.

621 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add a true wild card

I'm finding in one game that having wild strengths as goal rewards is strangely limiting. I know there'll be more reward options in the future, but what if one of those options was a true wild card? The player could set it as strong or weak (or possibly neutral, I suppose) when it's played. That would allow for a LOT more flexibility.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Narrator Pause Button

It would be nice to have a way for the Narrator to pause the ability to make moves in a scene until they are ready to allow the action to continue. This way they could pause the scene after someone makes a really disruptive or 'dick' post and then 'resume' once it is straightened out without having the moves continue roughshod along making it impossible to reverse something.

496 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow co-operative narration and world building

I'm sitting here with my girlfriend while she's setting up a custom game. And since we both know what this is about, things would be so much easier if we could both edit the same things. But right now you can only have one narrator. It would be nice if a narrator/creator could invite other people to share their editing abilities. Co-GMing is hardly a new thing, and I'd assume eventual world building will be much easier to do with two or three people than alone.

Thank you for your time.

394 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Permit mutually-exclusive obstacles to allow greater player choice

Right now, all the players are, by default, on the same "side" in all conflicts. Allowing the Narrator to set mutually-exclusive obstacles will let players use Storium's mechanics to work at cross-purposes.

I know that a Narrator can set two Obstacles and end the scene manually when one is met. I think implementing this as a Narrator-side choice from the beginning will allow more dynamic stories.

369 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. export function

HI,

sorry, this may be redundant but is there a function for exporting finished games/stories as pdf for archival purposes? I'm hosting a side-campaign of an original rp here, and this would be killer for our group - so that other members can catch up and for my personal reference as a dm.

309 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  24 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Custom Card Bank

Allow custom cards made by the narrator to be tied to the narrator and used for new games. Allow narrator to pick and choose from previous custom cards when creating a new game. Allow narrators a venue to trade cards or ideas for cards.

323 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Invite other player(s) to review move draft and suggest edits

Sometimes we have to "take control" of another player's character in our moves... it would be nice to be able to invite specific players to review the move draft and allow them to suggest edits. We should allow unlimited iterations of drafts/review/edits.

This feature will also allow two players to build a dialogue.

I've previously used Google Docs for this, but I think it's better if I don't have to share my Google account to every Storium player I have to collaborate moves with. :)

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Export characters to different stories

It would be super neat if characters could somehow be "exported" from a concluded story for inclusion in a different story.

So say I've got a character, Alice in a game, playing happily for ages, and you've got a character, Bob in another game, playing happily for ages. We decide we want our friend Eve to start a new game with our old characters- rather than starting a new "level 1" character, it would be cool to bring over the old character's deck into a new game.

Yes, I know this is not trivial. :)

244 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Assign new strength/weakness cards to players

Give the narrator the ability to give and take away strength/weakness cards to players in a scene. For example, someone tries to swim across a cold river in winter and becomes fatigued. By allowing the narrator to give that person (or people if multiple with same condition) a fatigue card to play as their weakness, it allows for some cool immersion.

You could give them a goal card of getting rest/warming up whatever, and once that's done the narrator takes away the weakness card.

153 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Player vs player conflict

There doesn't seem to be any way to have player vs player conflict. I mean I could create an obstacle, but that seems to be a little ... flat? There really isn't any benefit or penalty to the players other than just ... kind of being there?

Thoughts:
    Be able to add characters to the character or conflict system.
    Be able to give up character's items and plot cards as possible rewards for winning.

201 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add RSS feed to the Looking For Players forum

Title says it all. It'd be a handy way to track what's going on in there as timeliness in responding to a new post might be the key to getting into a game.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow the narrator to give out personal challenges

There are ways now to offer advantages but no way to offer setbacks. I suggest, to make it a positive experience for the player even if not for the character, we offer the player personal challenges-- challenge cards given a point value as usual, and issued to a character. The character could then play the challenge card and up to 3 cards on it, not counting towards the scene total. The end card could be a Wild Strength or Wild Weakness depending upon a strong or weak outcome.

These personal challenge cards could be played on any move where a…

131 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General