Skip to content

General

592 results found

1. Change the "cards played" field for narrators

At the moment the "cards played" field for narrators shows the number of cards (settings, obstacles, NPCs) played. (I know, I was shocked too.) Unfortunately that's not a very useful statistic, it might be more useful if that field had challenge points used / challenge points available.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Put back scrolling ability in comments.

We used to be able to scroll up and down in the comment section. But now in Gamma we cannot!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Remove Welcome to Storium, and video-link.

Maybe you should consider removing the Welccom to Storium text, the introduction text, Read what's new, Learn how to play, and video. Then the Notifications would be in screen instead of just underneath it. Now, whenever I go to the page, or refresh the page, I have to scroll down. It is just a minor inconvenience, but minor inconveniences can still be annoying. And experience d players don't need all those introduction things anyway. Maybe you could consider the possibility of making all these redundant parts of the page removable, much like news is now.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The home page now has a much smaller footprint for the welcome message and other links and notifications begin alongside the Game list.

4. Achievements and Notifications with sounds

Hello there!
    This idea has already been around in the comment and feedback section but let me just say it in my way. We need badges/achievements for Storiu that are displayed in our profile. The badges/achievemts should be given for the players for number of games they play, words they write, playing a evil villain, playing a good guy, killing another player, etc (you get the idea!). I mplementing this will be a huge take on stories and excitement for this will also be great! nd please do come up with many achievements (or the community is always here to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Achievements are now listed on player profiles for such things as number of games completed, words written, and many other potential accomplishments. Thanks for the idea!

5. Fix the favorites button

I can't favorite a game I'm in for some reason. When I hover the arrow over the star in the upper right corner of the game banner, it doesn't turn into a hand. It's been favorited by others, but I can't. I am able to favorite other games though.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Remove characters in suspended games from profile

Characters in suspended games still show up in our profiles, making it impossible to tell what players are currently playing in. Please remove or relocate these characters and only display characters in active games.

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Gamma, your suspended games (and their characters) are listed separately on your profile, and anyone else looking at your profile only sees the number of them, not their names.

7. Allow players to swap their current subplot for a new one (at x5) on any move.

Sometimes the events in play dramatically change a character's goals and priorities.

Sometimes the character's old priorities (their subplot) don't matter any more.

This means that it's possible for a player to get stuck with a subplot that it would not make sense for them to play.

A player should have the option of replacing their subplot with a new one (at the starting x5 value) whenever they make a move. This would allow players to represent changes in their character's priorities in the fiction and and obviate the risk of a player being stuck with a subplot that makes…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Link to retired characters and or games either on the suspended games page or profile page (including private games)

Currently, a player can retire from a private game (or public) and still have access to it to read the rest of the game or keep a record of their previous moves - this is a good thing! The only trouble is, there is no link to those games/characters anywhere in the current interface, so you can only get to them if you have the URL bookmarked in your browser.

I'd suggest these games should either be archived in your suspended games page, or there should be a list on your profile page (with private games/characters only being viewable to…

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Friends lists, private messaging, and other social features

It would be great if we could have friends lists and a way to private message / chat with each other. You can expand this and then let us invite others to games and make games friends only.

920 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Private user-to-user messaging was introduced a couple of months ago! We’ll continue to expand these capabilities as Gamma progresses. Thanks for the great feedback, everyone!

10. Change display name?

Hi,

I created a user thinking it was my character name, but I would like to know if there's a way to change the name that gets displayed to the other players in the comments section so they see my real name rather than my character's name.

Otherwise I may be stuck in the situation where I need to completely remove my user and start from scratch.

Thanks,
    Devin

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. allow for character adoption.

This feature will allow players to pass on their characters if they can no longer play a game or lose interest to other players or the Narrator, thus not eliminating the character from the story and minimizing disruption to the story as a whole.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Players are now able to hand off characters if they are not able to continue playing them. Characters can then be taken up by other players or new users. Thanks!

12. Putting unresponsive games on hold

I was wondering...

I have a couple of games where nothing has happened in weeks. Is there anyway to put them on hold when the narrator hasn't after a period of time? At this point it is cluttering up my homepage. I know the narrators can, but what about the players? I expect that when the narrator brings it back up again I will get the email notification and can bring it back to 'active'.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is no way for a player to suspend a game; however, they are able to retire from inactive games. If a game becomes active again they can unretire and start up once again. Just make sure to communicate your intentions with your fellow players!

13. Can we arrange the games on our home page?

I have five games on my homepage, but two of them have not had any activity in weeks. But one of the active games is listed below one of the inactive games and it's annoying to keep scrolling down. I'd like to arrange them so my active games are on top and my inactive games are on the bottom. Is there a way to do that?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Don't remove "Open Invitations" until you have something to replace it.

The developers of Storium have seemingly decided to remove the "Open Invitations" option without actual player input. There have been a number of requests for improvements to the "Looking for Players" screen, but as far as I can tell, nobody has asked for this feature to be removed. While the forums are a nice compliment to the existing system and is a good workaround for a number of existing problems until better systems can be implement, being forced to move to an invite-only mechanic for adding players would remove functionality without improving it.

76 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone — We hear you and appreciate all the feedback on this. It’s actually great to hear that you like the open invitation system so much, because most of the feedback on it so far has been critical (you haven’t seen much of it because it tends to come in via support tickets, which are not public).

On further reflection we’ve decided to put a hold on retirement of the open invitation system, and we will be thinking about how we can improve the invitation process so that it works better for everyone.

Note that open invitations are still fully operational — nothing was actually changed, removed or disabled when we made the original announcement.

Meanwhile we hope you’ll give the new “LFP/LFG” forum areas a shot, too. We hope that introducing more communication into the invitation process will ultimately lead to less rejections and healthier games. This is…

15. Live Updates

Live update the story page to highlight players submitting moves, as well as what challenges they selected. Also to show the finished move once done. I sat on the page for 5 minutes, not knowing I'd have to refresh.

513 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  28 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Reward for completing a game, instead of just deletion

When a game completely ends, can users earn a reward, like a profile badge or something, instead of just having to delete the story or leave it open as a record? It would be more satisfying, and give credit to the users who have played through an entire story (I see a lot of problems with abandoned characters). I also enthusiastically second the idea of being able to archive complete games. Thanks, having a wonderful time!

298 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed games are now one of the achievements users receive for participating in the site. They are also listed on player profiles so that it is clear how many games a player has completed.

17. Allow Narrators To Play In Their Own Game

Similar to D&D games where the Game Master also has a player in the campaign, I would like it if a narrator was also allowed to make a player to play in the game. This would allow more functionality for many different playstyles -- some people want a large campaign where there is a secretive GM holding all the cards, and others would like to use this awesome set-up for private, one-on-one storylines (like me!).

203 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Status Updates

There should be a way for members to post a status update on their profiles with notifications sent to all the players/narrators in the games they are in when they change their status. This would allow players to post things like "Going on vacation, so I won't be posting for a couple of weeks" or "Work has been busy. I'll catch up on posts for all my games on Friday" once instead of posting on the comment section of each individual game.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. give the narrator the ability to edit characters cards.

In one of my games a character picked a goal up by accident and there was no way for him to give it back. Requesting revisions didn't help here. So either players should be able to trade cards (or give them without something in return) with the narrator's permission, or the narrator should be able to take cards from players.

Also it could be useful to edit cards later on to add images or correct typos.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Gamma the narrator can edit cards at any time, including cards that players have already picked up. Narrators always retain a copy of cards they play or give away, and editing that copy applies the changes everywhere.

20. Customise Game Parameters

I'd like to see a bit more customisation available in setting up/running a game. In specific, I'd like for a Narrator to be able to play about with how many/what types of cards characters start with. I'd also like for Narrators to be able to set their own card limits per scene. Basically, all the card limitations that are currently in place I'd like to see as default, rather than proscription. I think they make a great baseline, but I think the option to tweak these either at the outset and/or in play would be really useful.

318 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General