Skip to content

General

592 results found

1. Recategorize suspended/finished(?) games on player's profiles

Even though a player's main page now hides suspended games, their profile still claims they're playing in that story.

It would be nice to have those segregated, as I can imagine certain narrators to view an applying player's Playing list as overburdening.

Furthermore, another category with Finished games wouldn't go unwelcome. I haven't seen this on anyone's profile yet so figured it was worth suggesting. :)

63 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow players to kill their own characters/allow them to die (Character Death)

I realize that not all players are going to want this, but some of us do! Sometimes major character death is a great story - making a heroic sacrifice for the good of the group is just one example. I may be missing something, but right now there doesn't seem to be any way for a character to die even if they want to! You can certainly write them out of the story, but there is no way to have the system acknowledge that they character is out of the story, and definitely not a way to do it (and…

184 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  9 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create a second chat-stream for the peanut gallery

Right now, if I understand correctly, people can 'Follow' a public game they are not participating in, and keep tabs on what is happening. It would be nicely social if there were a 'Peanut Gallery' chat-stream (perhaps in a pull-out bar to the right of the in-game chat) where people could talk as fans of the game.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Official Storium Wiki

It would be a good idea to have an official storium wiki, for people who are hard of hearing or deaf and will not benefit from watching videos about how to play or even inform people who have never heard of Storium. I am creating a post on a deaf/hoh forum at the moment and cannot find a link that would be informative to those hearing challenged.

The wiki would also be benefit other people too who are trying to come to grips of how to play.

You videos that do show how its played, should have some captions added…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Bump older stories in "Looking For Players" list

Currently, if you have an established story but go from closed invitations to open when looking for new players, your story isn't bumped to the top of the list. It'd be handy for older stories when looking for some fresh characters.

70 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This will be addressed in the initial Gamma launch. Every game’s open invitation status will automatically expire after 2 weeks (the narrator can turn it back on if they want) and the list of games on the Looking for Players page will be sorted by the date it was originally turned on. If the narrator turns open invitations back on again after two weeks, the sort date will be reset and the game will appear at the top of the list again. This will keep the list fresh and predictable in a fair way.

6. 20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow players to play on a challenge more than once!

I write a lot of action sequences, and it's a huge bummer that a player can't fire a weapon at a monster, and then later in the scene, play another card to fire another weapon at the monster to further injure it.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. User license is overbroad.

Hi. I'm in the unfortunate situation of having had a potential narrator cancel due to your TOS. To see what all the fuss was about I decided to read it over carefully. I have to say, I think the following is over broad:

"You grant Storium a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide license to use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, and translate any content you post on Storium."

This sounds an awful lot like you can sell the rights to use our created content to a third party ("transferable") without paying anything to the creator even if…

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Update the Featured Games page

it loads as the default page for games and I far as I can tell the games on here haven't had a move in months

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Separate "Currently Playing" from "Has played in" on profiles

That way people can see how engaged you are right now, without miscounting suspended games.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Let people create basic accounts without being invited to a game.

It seems like there is no way to create an account without having been invited to a game. It would be great to allow people to create accounts so they could read ongoing games, and possible even browse and join games without being invited to play a specific game.
    This would probably result in a lot of people ponying up cash to actually run games too.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Narrative Control level setting drop-down box for games

In my own games so far, I've noticed some players have trouble doing things like taking control of the narrative - they're used to a traditional gaming structure where the Narrator (aka "Game Master") is the one who has the final say about world details and things like that. Whereas other players are totally cool with narrative liberty, and freely make up details about the world, the environment, people they've met and so on.

I saw this in games too - in some games people play it close, asking questions and letting the Narrator answer them, while in others the…

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Narrators are now able to specify which ‘Collaboration Style’ they prefer in the Green Room and outline any custom preferences in the Host Rules. Thanks!

13. Reasons for retirement/suspending

I'm not actually sure if this is in the system already or not, but it'd be nice to have a "reasons" field that can be filled out when a player retires from a game or when a narrator suspends one, with that reason then being displayed when the character is inspected or the game is viewed thereafter. I know this wouldn't stop people from just up and quitting sometimes, but one thing I've noticed is that in a couple games I've been in, we lost one player than then that started a flood, leading to a suspension.

I'm thinking it's…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It is required for narrators to state a reason for game suspension, which is sent to all active players. It is not required for players to state a reason for retiring but it is strongly advised in the page text. Thanks.

14. Permit uploading of pictures to cards even after cards are finalized

In creating a character, I filled in all the text fields, and thought to leave the pictures (which I find hard work) for later. Once I submitted my character, however, the cards were no longer editable.

While I wholly understand that editing the text content of the cards mid-stream of a game could make it hard to create a consistent story, editing the pictures does not seem to me to present the same hazards.

75 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In Gamma, narrators will be able to update cards (including their images) at any time, even if they’ve already given them to players. Players will be able to update images for any cards that they themselves created.

15. Allow character to come out of retirement, player to make a new character, or to make multiple characters. un retire. return.

At the moment you can do this with multiple accounts on storium, it would be useful if at some point an option was available for characters to return or re apply, remake or have multiple characters, even if this is a narrator option. i know this has been said in some ways before, and there might be more urgent updates. thanks.

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You actually can browse worlds without starting a game, but the language on the relevant pages seems to imply otherwise. We’ll adjust it so it’s clearer! Thanks for this feedback.

17. 7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. list and link private games when you view your own profile

Currently when you look at your own profile, you see exactly the same list of games/characters as everyone else does - so lumping all the private games into a generic '...and 2 characters in private games'. Is there a reason why, when logged in and looking at your own profile, these couldn't be listed properly like they are on your homepage/dashboard?

This would link into the issue of segregating your active games from your suspended games, as suggested here: https://storium.uservoice.com/forums/211322-general/suggestions/6010643-recategorize-suspended-finished-games-on-player

And also it would allow retired characters to have somewhere to be listed too, as suggested here: https://storium.uservoice.com/forums/211322-general/suggestions/6229926-link-to-retired-characters-and-or-games-either-on

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Making your own character for your own game.

The game I created has the main character entering battle with the group quite often. It would be nice to have the option to make a character sheet for him, so that he can help the team over come obstacles and challenges. I am mainly using the continue scene option to add it what he does and how he interacts with the scene. I would really like to have him more emerged into the battles and to show the group what his strengths an weaknesses are through the cards he would play.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add an extra state in character creation / pre-game play

I joined a new game and finished a character. I click 'review other characters'... I notice that the URL is the same as the previous create characters URL. I click on one of the other players' names to view their bio. I click back, expecting to see the list of other characters... I get my own character page again. The reviewing other people's characters should have its own URL so I can get back to it from viewing a player's profile.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General