Skip to content

General

96 results found

1. Change the Subplot card icon

I'm not a fan of the pennant icon for Subplot. It doesn't seem to speak "I AM A SUBPLOT" and it's a little too close to the Goal icon.

Perhaps something like a bent arrow, forked path, or detour sign might more clearly identify what it represents.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback, I totally see what you mean. We really struggled with this icon because Subplot cards are functionally VERY similar to Goal cards — they are both things that your character is working towards, and in both cases you earn a reward once you play all the cards.

That said, agree that the similarity could be confusing. We’ll give this more thought, and really appreciate the suggestions.

2. add a homepage for games in which I am a player.

As games grow, it would be really useful to be able to click on the game I play in and, instead of being brought directly into a scene, instead be brought to the game's homepage. The homepage would be the name, game blurb, list of player characters, and then the list of scenes within that game. That will also make it easy to go back and reread things that have happened, keep up with scenes in which I am not playing, and refresh myself on character bios.

I do really like the "play" button attached to games I belong to,…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please don't limit us in Alpha 2 or other updates

The rules you described for Alpha 2 are neat, but not at all how we've been running our games. Please consider giving us tools, suggestions on how to use the tools, but also many alternate ways to use those tools. That's the best way you can build the biggest most diverse community. For example in my games cards are like criticals, plain and simple. You couldn't have done it before? With a card now you can. Couldn't have seen the clue? With a card now you can. I don't like the idea of players closing the story as they don't…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the honest comments and for caring enough to write us about your concerns!

When Alpha 2 launches existing games will be unaffected and unchanged, so your existing games will keep working exactly the way they have been, no need to fear.

New games will use the new Alpha 2 rules. When they’re ready I hope you’ll want to give the new rules a try and let us know what you think!

4. Phone App

Have a Storium App added to the App store so I can play wherever I go

117 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Give Narrator full edit control always

Sometimes mistakes happen, retcons need to be applied. Please give the narrator the ability to edit everything in the story at any time. Hopefully experienced players will rarely need it, but even the best players make mistakes.

145 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. implement a "bulk copy" button.

A method to make multiple copies of one or more cards would be great.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback!

Just wanted to make sure you saw that you can write and save scene drafts? That allows you to write the next scene before publishing it.

If you’re talking about writing scenes that are further into the story’s future — say, beyond the next scene — that seems difficult since the narrator doesn’t yet know what the players are going to do next, right?

Thanks for any additional thoughts on this…

8. Add more info about the setting at character creation

When I was invited to the game, it wasn't very clear what was going on in the setting that was chosen. I guess I am supposed to help invent the setting by adding facts and establishing things in my character's bio, but it wasn't clear that this is how it's supposed to work (I just know that's generally how it goes in story games). I think it would be better if there were either more info about the chosen setting or if there were more guidance about how story games work for first time players and the extent of their…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback, that’s really helpful perspective. Agree we need to do more here. There’s (usually) more context available as part of the fictional world you’re playing in, but we’re perhaps not showing enough of it to the new player. You also make a good point about the player’s agency over their character and the setting itself; we are looking for ways to make that clearer to newcomers!

9. Use gravatars for profile pictures

Unless someone specifically overrides that.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Let players award Karma to each other

Karma does well at encouraging players to write setbacks and complications for their characters. But there are other kinds of awesomeness that deserve reward! It's pretty clear the "Adjust Karma" option is not intended for that sort of thing, so what if there were an "attaboy" mechanic by which players could award Karma to each other for moves they really enjoyed?

I'm thinking the Narrator could define a number of awardable Karma points per chapter, either per player or in a shared pool. Then by way of a "like" button of sorts on moves, players can zing Karma to each…

105 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great suggestion, thank you! We like the idea of some manner of player-to-play recognition, and Karma might be a way to do it. Longer term we are also considering audience recognition — that is, people who are reading your story but not playing in it.

11. More Card Slots at Character Creation

I like the way that you create characters right now, in that you pick your archetype and your strength and your weakness. But I was wondering if there was a way to pick more cards at creation. Maybe just have it be something the narrator can set when they start the game. "Players are allowed to start with this many cards."

I assume that once the game starts a player can accumulate any number of cards, but starting off with a couple more could change the tone of the game... and being able to start with five cards would make…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. enable reordering of cards in play

I added some extra cards as afterthoughts, but they're not arranged in an appropriate way. I need to delete them all and readd them if i want to change that.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. make goal cards private.

This may already be the case (and I can just see them because I'm narrating), but I just gave my players contradictory goals to experiment with texture in the narrative. Is that visible to the players? Or do they just know they've been given a personal goal?

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently, any card in play is visible to everyone, and each characters’ cards are visible to everyone. The only cards that are “private” are the ones that the narrator holds in their hand.

We’ve toyed with various ideas for making some information “secret”. This is a good addition that we will put into the mix, thank you.

14. distinguish between stories / adventures and worlds / campaigns.

I've created a game world for a story, but I don't really have a single story in mind (it's more of a context for stories and the first one is still evolving).

Ideally, I'd like to be able to take the story to a conclusion, then make a new story with the same persistent world and some of the same characters, then archive those stories under that world's banner.

At the moment, it feels like that might be the purpose of chapters, but I suppose it depends on the length of the story, and whether other people might want to…

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yes! Love it!

This is something we have thought about quite a lot but have not yet built. We absolutely want Storium to support both short stories and long, ongoing tales that might span multiple “books”. Chapters aren’t quite the same thing — they’re just thematic demarcations within a single story.

It’s a fair bet that we will add this ability to Storium in the future, and we should be able to do it in a way that works for games and worlds you create today.

15. Dice Roller App?

Any chance of getting a Dice Roller App? Set the Die size (D100, D20, D12, etc) and the number of rolls? I'm thinking of cases of Writers Block or Creatively Got Stuck, rolling the dice for a random event, check percentages of things actually happening. Can't plan the fight scene? Dice war it.

76 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. allow for randomized cards

The narrator should be able to designate a set of cards as a themed "mini-deck" that he can attach to a scene. He can then give players "draws" from the deck over the course of the scene as a response to play. These decks could be random treasures, outcomes, unexpected events, or even just a random number generator. Whatever the narrator needs.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?