Skip to content

General

1027 results found

1. make goal cards private.

This may already be the case (and I can just see them because I'm narrating), but I just gave my players contradictory goals to experiment with texture in the narrative. Is that visible to the players? Or do they just know they've been given a personal goal?

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently, any card in play is visible to everyone, and each characters’ cards are visible to everyone. The only cards that are “private” are the ones that the narrator holds in their hand.

We’ve toyed with various ideas for making some information “secret”. This is a good addition that we will put into the mix, thank you.

2. distinguish between stories / adventures and worlds / campaigns.

I've created a game world for a story, but I don't really have a single story in mind (it's more of a context for stories and the first one is still evolving).

Ideally, I'd like to be able to take the story to a conclusion, then make a new story with the same persistent world and some of the same characters, then archive those stories under that world's banner.

At the moment, it feels like that might be the purpose of chapters, but I suppose it depends on the length of the story, and whether other people might want to…

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yes! Love it!

This is something we have thought about quite a lot but have not yet built. We absolutely want Storium to support both short stories and long, ongoing tales that might span multiple “books”. Chapters aren’t quite the same thing — they’re just thematic demarcations within a single story.

It’s a fair bet that we will add this ability to Storium in the future, and we should be able to do it in a way that works for games and worlds you create today.

3. Allow a narrator to 'add card' to the basic pool, based on player's suggestion

My players came up with some great alternative character types for my world while creating their characters. I'd love to be able to add them to the pool with a single click.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Dice Roller App?

Any chance of getting a Dice Roller App? Set the Die size (D100, D20, D12, etc) and the number of rolls? I'm thinking of cases of Writers Block or Creatively Got Stuck, rolling the dice for a random event, check percentages of things actually happening. Can't plan the fight scene? Dice war it.

76 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add a "backstory" page for each game

I'd love to have a place to put maps and world notes for the players' reference.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. allow for randomized cards

The narrator should be able to designate a set of cards as a themed "mini-deck" that he can attach to a scene. He can then give players "draws" from the deck over the course of the scene as a response to play. These decks could be random treasures, outcomes, unexpected events, or even just a random number generator. Whatever the narrator needs.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Stock Avatars

I would love to have a stock avatar feature--just incase people have issues finding the exact look for their character.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 48 49 50 52 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?