Skip to content

General

1027 results found

1. Allow Narrator to modify Strength/Weakness Limits

So, I realize that this would unbalance the game as it currently is, but one of my players really doesn't like that you can only have (at most) 3 strength and 3 weakness cards before wild cards.

As the game currently is, you need to play all six of these cards for a refresh, so I really dunno how well it would work.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow players to diversify Strengths and Weaknesses at Character Generation.

The current system for selecting Strengths and Weaknesses is interesting, but certain advanced players might want the option to create slightly more nuanced characters from the get go. It would be interesting (as an advanced option) to allow players to begin character generation as if they've already experienced a refresh, allowing them to fill in each strength and weakness card individually.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Notifications for My Moves

I'd love to see my own moves in the notifications log; it would help me quickly see if I had responded to the moves already listed. Otherwise I have to check the timestamp and think back, "Did I respond in that story within the last three hours?"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Indication on homepage of games that need attention

With just 4 active games, I find that I spend most of my time on Storium trying to figure out where I should play, rather than actually playing.

It'd be great if rather than simply grouping games by "you're the narrator" or "you're a player in" on the homepage, if the homepage list of games were prioritized by how much they need your attention.

For instance:
    A game in which you've had the last move would go to the bottom of the list.
    A game where you're the narrator and all the challenges have been completed would move towards the…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Use a Flickr CC-Licensed search to suggest usable artwork

Flickr offers a search API that allows you to constrain searches to Creative Commons License images. Given the right license, these should be okay to use in a game like Storium with derivative & original content uses.

For what it's worth, I used to write some flash fiction on a site called ficly.com that did the same thing for story inspirations

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Private character notes

Just starting out, but seems it would be useful to have a private log where you can take notes about your character without disclosing to others. Attributes or events you hint at, characteristics you think of but it isn't the right time to tell, or notes about things you've said about your character that would be embarrassing to contradict later.

106 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Change "move" to "act"

It's strange to see "This character moved" when there's no movement either literal or metaphorical (except "moved the story forward" but that's a stretch). I get that you're playing up storium's nature as a game, but you can use the word 'act,' still feel like a game, but not remove players from the flow of the story.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. let players spectate for certain scenes

So, this is more a comment in 4+ player games, but I'm in a 2-player game right now for which it's also relevant.

It's not always reasonable that each character will be in every scene, but right now there's no way to handle that except for people to willfully refrain from participating.

That works kind of, but it doesn't alter the available currency for the narrator in the scene. (Or rather, when the "you're spending more challenge points than the players can resolve" message pops up.)

Also, it can be easy to forget when folks are deliberately spectating.

So I…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Error message with renaming an asset with just one card

As a reminder to those who forget or are learning the system, when seeing the "rename card" button and it's grayed out, it's not immediately intuitive why. You have to remember that rule. Could you add an indicator to remind the user why the asset is grayed out? At first, I thought it might have been a bug because I used the card, then removed it, and maybe some flag was set that prevented renaming. Or maybe it was an option that the narrator has to keep a card from being renamed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make buttons clickable on mobile safari

I was using my phone to make a move but when I went to the dialog to pick an item I could not hit the "send" or "ok" button (forget the button label) after picking something for my character to pick up.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Have cast widget scroll down page

So, I'll sometimes be down at the bottom and want to check a detail about a character like a name or some such. I have to scroll all the way back up, read the info, then all the way back down to finish my post. I don't see a solid reason why cast can't scroll down, mirroring the commentary window?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The cast list actually is fixed in location, but only up to 4 players. After that, we can’t be sure that everything will fit on the screen, and if it didn’t then there would be no way to view the content that spills over. So in those cases we have to make the cast list scroll with the rest of the page so that we can ensure that everything will be visible. Make sense?

13. Ability to publish worlds

Guessing this is already planned, but having the ability to publish a world that you've made and browsing other narrators' published worlds would be awesome. I know worlds aren't really that complicated, so might be this idea is a waste, but who knows what you might be inspired to do after seeing other peoples' world ideas.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Offer 'Sliders' for either characters or stories

Many games explicitly have, or are often described, with the phrase 'sliders' - Much like these UI elements, the idea is that it represents movement back and forth across a continuum of options.

How 'Hard' is the science in our SF game? How much is this game split between Mystery and Horror? How much control of NPC's does the Gm want to cede to players? Of course, you can't think of every one of these continuums, so why not make them an option for Narrators to use when describing their game? These are ubiquitous web elements already, and could be…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Tech issue: commentary not posting with ipad

Love this game! Trying to post commentary doesn't work with iPad. Just an FYI.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for your trouble! Note that in portrait (tall) mode on the iPad, you have to actually hit the “Submit” button in order to post your commentary. It doesn’t automatically submit when you hit enter. Did you maybe overlook the submit button?

17. Stock card images

The cards associated with the stock worlds are all "missing image" icons - it'd tres keen if there were images associated with them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Heh, we’ll they’re not really intended to be “missing images” (more like default art) but the fact that you interpret them as such is perhaps telling! :)

We are definitely planning to provide more art choices. One of the goals of our upcoming Kickstarter campaign is to finance this!

18. List how many people have taken Natures next to Natures in character creation

I think it would be useful for games with a lot of players where the Natures are fairly exclusionary, for example, the open starship game I'm planning with lots of exclusive roles as Nature, such as captain, second in command, etc.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Games rating on join page

It would be helpful to put an optional movie style rating system (G, PG, PG-13,R) descriptor for each game on the Join page. It would help folks determine if they wanted join a game or not, and should be fairly cosmetic.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. URL detection

There was just a URL pasted in a commentary window, which I had to copy and paste to see it. Would it be possible for URL detection in that and in the main flow? Perhaps automatically popping to another window?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Quite right. It’s not linked at the moment simply because we’re aggressively filtering out content that could be troublemaking (hacks, etc). We need to dial it back in this case.

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base