Skip to content

General

1027 results found

1. allow me to "keep an eye on" open stories

...Mind, I'm not favoriting them per se, but I should be able to do it from the "able to join" stories screen, and it should alert me if it closes or a spot opents up. I would be tracking these stories on a purely meta angle.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. View all watched forum threads on a single page

Right now I am 'watching' threads in a few different forums. To see the watched threads, I have to go to the forum itself and then hit the 'watched thread' button. It would be more convenient if all the watched threads could be grouped together on a single page, perhaps a 'watched threads' button the main page.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A better system for playing

So here we are, months later and still not a game. I have submitted several characters only to never hear anything or the game is disbanded before play. Will there be a better system down the road or should a paying customer, when you get those, expect to go months without playing simply because they are unable to get into a game? I know I could scan the message boards, and I have, but all with the same result.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m sorry you’re having trouble finding people to play with. :( Since Storium is still backers-only, the pool of available games and players is artificially small right now; we anticipate that will change when we open it up to the general public. Also, Storium’s current functionality for matching people with open games is a bit limited. We are planning to overhaul that, as well. Meanwhile, you might have better luck if you invite a few people you already know to play with you. As a backer, you can start a game and invite anyone you want. Your invitees don’t have to become backers themselves in order to play with you. I hope that helps. Thanks for your patience!

4. activity

Get an real idea of the activity for a game by using a graph showing for example the number of message in the last 30 days. So you can immediately see if this is a very active game or a slow one even if the narrator has not updated his description. Here is a good example from a French forum:
    http://www.liber-mundi.org/index.cfm?Param=TTpcQS0nRTYgUEBKRzg5RjpeWFYxRF5FTEc5Ljo9JjIuTD5QPUA7VihEWFk1QlpSUDY0JiozOV5YTSEmXgorRikuRk8kRShcPik3N04wIAo%3D&ChronicleLoaded=False&CFID=6844852&CFTOKEN=2800f6431dabf440-F0BE6E07-0508-7080-07FF1A77D60CB3E8

You could also have other useful indicators like the number of words per message, or the number of active characters...
    This would have the advantage to be constantly updated reflecting the current state of activity and not the one…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Move delete buttons further from any other button and/or make deletion a 2-stage process to prevent accidental deletion.

On the Game setup screen for narrators [and the character screen for players] the deletion buttons are often adjacent to the other buttons, it is very easy (especially on phones) to accidentally delete pictures and cards. If the delete buttons are moved or/and are two staged (requiring confirmation) this will prevent accidental deletion. Most of all The flip/turn card over button is very close to the delete button, especially on phones, moving the flip page to the top right corner might be an option. thank you for you work, thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. syntax formatting guide - Expand the Syntax Formatting guides to include format guides for all aspects of Storium. please.

Expand the formatting syntax guide/s to be as complete as feasible for all aspects of Storium: Narrating, Playing, Card Writing, Game Description, Comments, Forums, and any new format-table functions added to Storium. At the moment the Syntax Guide thread in the Forum is doing a good job of this. It would be cool if at some point this was overtaken by the official guide/s. thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Three Issues I found.

I accidentally hit edit instead of approve for a pending character, then could not go back and change to approve. As a narrator, I should be able to comment, recommend and approve characters at my discretion, not wait for them to notice I hit the wrong button.

2nd item - In the beginning write up about the game, it would be nice to have a separate notes section that is separate than that which describes the world. If you look at my star wars game, youll see I have appended time stamps with game updates that really don't belong there.…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Detailed Tabbed Browse Game Entries

Each game in the Browse game section (and its game entry) should have a bunch of tabs for information. Tabs for the following info:

• game narrative for feel and flavor
    • game meta info including links to game's wiki and forum
    • campaign/game info
    • character creation info with character profile template
    • history
    1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Finished obstacles as playable cards

I had the idea that players should be able to use challenge they have finished as a one-time card (of weak or strong nature depending on how it was finished) later in the game to play against another challenge.

For example, I finish a challenge with a strong outcomes, which then grants me a "strong" card with the name of the challenge.

For the sake of balance, I'd also suggest that the narrator would have to mark challenges specifically to be able to played after they're finished. That would prevent over-use of that feature.

Playing a finished challenge as a…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide Active Plot Point Reminders

In some games it is difficult to keep track of everything that a character needs to respond to in their next move and across scenes. It would be helpful if there were some space visible to only the players and narrator and separate to the commentary that maintains a list of all the things that players expect to happen soon.

As part of a move players would add bulletpoints to this list and mark for removal ones they feel have been addressed or are outdated. (The narrator takes on the responsibility of actual deletions/ marked points are greyed out)

E.g.…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Linked Taxonomy of Cards

Either by tagging cards (such as locations that are related to one another: locations on a planet, or in a ship, etc.) or creating a taxonomy where some cards are children of other cards, you will allow for cleaner naming conventions and also make it easier for players and narrators to see the relationship between cards throughout the course of the story.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow editing or Narrator Unlocking of completed challenges.

My Narrator has just asked me to do a rewrite on my part of the challenge, however, the player who went after me spent the card that completed it. So now, I CAN'T edit my part, because Storium says the challenge has already been completed.

Granted, we can't have players rewriting the entire story. So maybe this should be something under the Narrator's control, granting authorization to alter a previous post.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Restrict games on the Recent Activity page to new moves or move edits only.

When browsing games in the Recent Activity tab it is slightly confusing to have games pop up due to, I assume, comments. Only to find when I jump to the game that the last post was possibly months ago.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow players to edit existing cards that the narrator has made

This used to be a feature that got used all the time to add pictures to basic card outlines. I'm not sure why you can't do this anymore...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. adapt to smartphones

It would help my playing if the text and pictures automatically adapted to the iphone screen. As it is, I often have to manually make the text smaller and it is sometimes difficult to press the buttons on the far right to post an action or to chose a card.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add character creation advice

As I've studied character creation, a way to make sure characters are really interesting is GMC - Goal, Motivation, Conflict. Good article here http://www.adventuresinyapublishing.com/2010/09/gmct-goal-motivation-confict-tension.html It might be a useful tool either formally or informally to make better rounded characters.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Notification customization

The notification system is beyond helpful. Prevents myself, one of the most unorganised humans digitally, from forgetting that I have an activity with friends. But it'd be great to customise what the email notifications send. Just having a simple message that says "A new comment was made" or "A new move was made by..." It sounds trivial but if the email is a shared one it allows for some enjoyable anonymity from those who might want to keep content private.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make the Card Play Dynamic Narrator Adjustable

Alllow the Narator to dictate how many cards a player can post between scene continuations. The purpose this serves is it allows the Narrator to put multiple time sensitive obstacles on the scene, and they advance in interesting ways based on how the party plays those cards.

This would allow great tactical play with cards and obstacles.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Locking Cards

Perhaps add a means for the narrator to lock out cards from play.

For example, in my current game one of the Obstacle cards is an escape the current environment card. However, the players pursued another Obstacle card, that caused them to pause. I'd like the ability to say. 'Your progress toward escape was halted, and until the current card is completed, you can't play any more on the Escape card.' basically lock players from playing cards to resolve this card.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Private Messaging: Put the most recent message at the top

I am spending a lot of time scrolling down to see the most recent private message. Please sort the messages so the most recent message is at the top instead of the bottom of the screen.

I read a lot of short storium interactions on my phone. This will save me a lot of time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?