Skip to content

General

1026 results found

1. Narrator can take asset cards from player

I think in the same way a narrator can give cards to a player s/he should also be able to take those asset cards away.

Also, it might be good to have assets be associated with the outcome if a challenge. For example, if a player achieves a strong outcome for an obstacle they might automatically gain a certain asset card. Alternatively, if they have a weak outcome maybe they lose an asset card of the narrators choosing; something like that.

111 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Private character notes

Just starting out, but seems it would be useful to have a private log where you can take notes about your character without disclosing to others. Attributes or events you hint at, characteristics you think of but it isn't the right time to tell, or notes about things you've said about your character that would be embarrassing to contradict later.

106 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow players to request a game's suspension *in the event of lengthy inactivity*

I'm in a few games where the narrator appears to have just left Storium entirely, leaving the games inactive but with no way for them to be suspended. I'd like to suggest that once a game has been totally inactive for a month - no moves from players, no scene continuations from the narrator, no new scenes, etc. (comments excluded) - that players then be able to request its suspension so it gets removed from their active lists. Storium can take a quick look to make sure it's truly inactive (though again, this should only become an option when it's…

106 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Let players award Karma to each other

Karma does well at encouraging players to write setbacks and complications for their characters. But there are other kinds of awesomeness that deserve reward! It's pretty clear the "Adjust Karma" option is not intended for that sort of thing, so what if there were an "attaboy" mechanic by which players could award Karma to each other for moves they really enjoyed?

I'm thinking the Narrator could define a number of awardable Karma points per chapter, either per player or in a shared pool. Then by way of a "like" button of sorts on moves, players can zing Karma to each…

105 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great suggestion, thank you! We like the idea of some manner of player-to-play recognition, and Karma might be a way to do it. Longer term we are also considering audience recognition — that is, people who are reading your story but not playing in it.

5. include narrator's moves in email notifications

I'm actually amazed this isn't already a change request, but better late than never! :-)

Right now, player moves text (though not card play details but that's less important) are sent out in full in email notifications for those of us who receive them. Narrator moves however are not - we only receive a message saying "The Narrator has continued the scene". If I had to guess as to why this descrepancy exists I'd say it's to spur users to log into the site and actually look at the scene in full?

However, the effect is to not only hamper…

99 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. List of My Games in Dropdown Menu

Man, it would be awesome if the user dropdown had all of my games in it.

It would be super-awesome if they were sorted by recent activity.

It would be super-duper-awesome if the ones that have had activity since I last viewed them were somehow highlighted.

98 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow assets to be set as Strong by the Narrator

I like the idea of Assets, but they tend to be things that will help the heroes' chances. It seems a little off for them to be considered neutral cards. It might be better to either make them special Strength cards that always move things towards a Strong outcome, or to let the Narrator set that as an option when creating an Asset.

(Actually, you could maybe let the Narrator set an Asset as Strong, Neutral, or Weak. The latter, especially when handed directly to a player instead of set on the field, could let them represent things like injuries,…

96 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Consequences: Negative Assets

While positive assets serve as strengths that may be received through the story, there should also be an option to reflect injuries and the results of bad decisions that may come back to haunt the character.

These "consequences", as the Fate system would call them, could be given just the same way as normal assets, and also offered for pick-up.

One example for a situation where this would be useful:

Character A, whose side story is to "get all the gold!", enters a trapped vault. If the player just plays the neutral side story card, they can advance the story,…

94 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow weakness cards as rewards for completed Goals/Subplots

Seeing as the plot can drive characters in a negative/regressive direction as a result of their choices in the face of circumstance, it would stand to reason that sometimes a Strength card simply does not make sense as the result of completing a Goal/Subplot. For instance, a character who sacrifices the good of their fellows for the sake of their own selfish goals is shown to be weak of heat, and that weakness should be reflected in the received cards.
    The forcing of characters to increase in "power" as a result of completing Goals/Subplots also reinforces the idea that completing…

90 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Narrator sets move order

When a scene starts it's apparently a free for all to post. It would be very helpful if the narrator could set the posting order in-game with the option to let players skip their turn if they wanted.

90 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Authorize the Developers to Delete dead games (those that have been inactive for almost a year, but the narrator didn't bother to Suspend.

I have several games on my Profile that I retired from because the narrators went missing, or got so involved in creating new games that they abandoned their existing games (and their players.) A couple of these games haven't even been Suspended by the narrators, and while it won't make my profile look MUCH prettier, at least I'd have the satisfaction of not having games that have had no activity for over 6 months (closer to 10 months!) "count against me" when narrators (or anyone else) is reviewing my profile and sees that I've retired from over a dozen games.…

89 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Storium APIs

I would love to get access to a JSON or XML REST API for Storium. That would unlock developers (like myself) the ability to develop apps
    (read: iOS, Android, MacOS, Windows, etc.)

88 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make it possible to have "guest star" characters.

Hi! So, I think that it would be a good idea for stories to have "guest star" characters that would be played by a user for a single scene. This would allow a lot more potential for depth and detail for characters that are only present for a single scene, which would be good for the narrator, players, story, and everyone on Storium.

This quote is from me on the #storium-chat on Slack on December 29, 2018:

"I think a good random example would be; I have a game, Game X, and I want a potential character in my game,…

86 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Linking Stories into a Series

As Storium continues, it is possible people will want to link multiple stories into a continuity (or a "saga", perhaps?). We should give them the option to list links to the previous stories for people to be able to reference.

84 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. allow changes to "nature."

As stories go on, characters change. I had a veteran monster hunter become a werewolf, for example. Alliegances shift, experience levels shift, and it would be helpful to create custom "nature" cards to reflect what characters become.

83 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 78 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Remove former players from the Green Room

When a player leaves a game, it often isn't under amicable circumstances. Allowing former players continued access to the Green Room seems like a very obvious oversight. Please limit the Green Room only to active players.

78 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Dice Roller App?

Any chance of getting a Dice Roller App? Set the Die size (D100, D20, D12, etc) and the number of rolls? I'm thinking of cases of Writers Block or Creatively Got Stuck, rolling the dice for a random event, check percentages of things actually happening. Can't plan the fight scene? Dice war it.

76 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow players to post pics

Would love to be able to post pics along with the post if we wanted to show the avatar in a certain position, or an object, etc.

75 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create an option to create multiple threads or rooms within the Green Room.

In my game Pantheons, where the players play gods, we often have extensive OOC discussions about how the world works and how we want it to work, as well as coordinating for future plans. Often multiple major, complex lines of discussion are pursued at the same time, and with ten or more players, it gets confusing and chaotic fast. I would love to be able to organize the discussion like the game's own little forum. Discuss how the calendar works in this part of the Green Room, over here coordinate on greatworks, over here coordinate on the celestial Court assignments,…

75 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General