Skip to content

General

1027 results found

1. limit how often a game can appear on the 'Looking for Players' page.

Some games seem to reappear on the Looking for Players page with monotonous regularity--usually the ones with essays for descriptions. There are several that I seem to scroll past (and past, and past) on a daily basis.

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Can we please add the "minor edits" button to characters?

Like it says on the tin. Sometimes it'd be nice to have people be able to keep tinkering during the intro stages of a game or while it's in play and their character develops without having a notifiaction every single time.

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. option to adjust and turn off notifications for specific games

Options for players and narrators to choose what notifications they recieve from each game, including turning the notifications for a game off. for busy games notifications come so quickly they drown out quieter games so the ability to turn them down and off is oretty important. options like : only recieve notifications of a new scene, new challege, narrator move, specific character move, or no notifications would change the overnotification of busy games.

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. distinguish between stories / adventures and worlds / campaigns.

I've created a game world for a story, but I don't really have a single story in mind (it's more of a context for stories and the first one is still evolving).

Ideally, I'd like to be able to take the story to a conclusion, then make a new story with the same persistent world and some of the same characters, then archive those stories under that world's banner.

At the moment, it feels like that might be the purpose of chapters, but I suppose it depends on the length of the story, and whether other people might want to…

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yes! Love it!

This is something we have thought about quite a lot but have not yet built. We absolutely want Storium to support both short stories and long, ongoing tales that might span multiple “books”. Chapters aren’t quite the same thing — they’re just thematic demarcations within a single story.

It’s a fair bet that we will add this ability to Storium in the future, and we should be able to do it in a way that works for games and worlds you create today.

5. User Endrosements

I'm envisioning a user tagging system similar to what LinkedIn has started using for skills. Basically, you can suggest various skill you have (and other's can as submit new ones for your approval) and then other users can Endorse you for those skills. The more endorsements, the more people agree with you.

The system could work being either open (users submitting skills) or closed (a pre-populated bank of skills to select from).

This could help other users recognize people with similar play styles as well as identifying "problem" players by their lack of endorsements.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I'd like to be able to save my characters independently of the story they are in.

The idea would be that any character I create would be saved on my profile independently of if the story they were created for gets deleted or they get retired.

Sometimes you get into a game, it starts nice, but then it dies off and gets deleted. And then... you lose your character? It's pretty unenjoyable.

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Shared move

Sometimes you want to make a dynamic move, for example, an action or conversation scene but it is too hard when you need to write sentence by sentence while waiting for the other player to react to your action or question.

you need to add the possibility to make a shared move, that when it is published to people played in it.
    You can differ who is who by different colors on the "move bubble".
    Each player could play a different card and when they publish both cards are simultaneously played.

Imagine a fight between two players in one move…

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Gamma Issue: Narrator-Provided Cards no longer editable?

It seems with Gamma character creation, we're no longer allowed to edit cards that are provided by the narrator, not even to add images. In fact, in order to add an image to such a card, you have to recreate the whole card, which is quite frustrating.

Not sure if this is intentional or just a bug, but in any case, can we go back to the way it was before?

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Implement Multi Scene Challenges

Our narrator winged that in one of the games I'm in and I'm really liking the idea as a tool. You should be able to implement big challenges that span several scenes or maybe even chapters. Players could work towards it as it comes up and independently of other challenges.

The challenge in question and a good example was survival in a hostile wilderness along an extended trip that spanned several scenes. There were other challenges to address individual hazards and obstacles but the overarching challenge would return each scene, minus the value that had already had cards played on…

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It'd be nice to see a list of the people who favorited a game or user.

Basically, there would be a way to view a list of the people who favorited a game or a user. It'd be nice to know who the fans were... :)

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Create a space for NPC character sheets

I realize that, in general, the idea is for player characters to move the action forward. However, some stories need NPC's with detailed histories and developed personalities, which a narrator doesn't necessarily want adopted out. In one of the games I created, the NPC's were characters I had developed and knew extensively. I needed them for the story, but I did not want other people playing them and changing them. But aside from their challenge cards, there was no real way to make them usable by anyone but me.

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. ...localize the game for other languages.

Hi. I'm German, though I'd like to think my English is pretty good. Now, I happen to know a goodly amount of other Germans who enjoy writing, storytelling or role-playing. Not all of them speak English to any appreciable amount but the basic idea of your project would most certainly appeal to them.

Now I realize that you need to get Storium off the ground first before you can do anything else but I would strongly suggest seeking localization for German and French at the very least. Or barring that, explicitly stating that it's okay to run stories in a…

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Character cloning

First let me say you have a great "game" here. I and my friends who are long time role players have had a blast so far. Thank you for coming up with this. I have a suggestion. Since most books of the type we read are in series, I am planning several books in this story. It would be nice if when a second book is in the series if you would have an option when players submit their characters they could choose from a character they have already made up.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow a narrator to call a vote

Just a simple poll would do. I could see this being particularly useful during early game formation for things like polling opinions on whether a game should be private or public.

Currently external tools can be used but it would be nice have in-game.

A nice additional feature would be to be able to set a poll as anonymous, anonymous-to-players or public.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow Narrator-Player communication from the moment a character is *started* rather than *complete*.

I definitely appreciate the new private commentary sections that we have on the player character pages--very nice. But I'd like to ask for one adjustment...it'd be nice to have that become available from the moment a player starts a character rather than when the player submits a character.

Sometimes as a player I've had questions about a Narrator's world that I need resolved, and the only way to do it at the moment is to complete a temp character and send a note to the narrator with approval.

And as narrator, I can see if people I have invited have…

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. "Like"-ing moves, scenes, characters, etc.

I think that it would be neat if there was a like button on moves, so that you could show other players when you liked what they were doing without having to write a comment.

It would be gratifying way of telling people to "do more of this".

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow players to take over games as Narrator after extended period of Narrator inactivity or ineffective activity

Some games stall when Narrators either go missing, or only post ineffective content that doesn't really move the game along. After a reasonable amount of time, or a string of ineffective posts, it would be great if the players could contact Storium and request that the game be reassigned to one of them.

Most players put a lot of thought, time and energy into their characters and their posts, so when Narrators are absent, or when their posts reflect a low level of interest in the game, players have to either wait it out, or retire. Either option is frustrating,…

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Meta-Challenges

I had a sort of similar idea to what Tacronicus posted as "Opposing Outcomes," only I was thinking of it at a different angle -- as a 'meta-challenge.' In a few games I've played, the narrator has posted a series of challenges which must be completed to alter the outcome of a larger idea, each of which piece had a part to play. What if we could post the whole idea as a challenge (IE: Get off Planet X) with subchallenges within it to which the characters actually play (IE: Bribe an Official, Acquire a Ship, Meet at These Coordinates).…

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow players and narrators to add tags to moves

It can be difficult to keep track of everything that's happened in a longer running game. One solution might be to create a game "wiki" or reference document, but that takes sustained effort and extra time to keep up to date.

A simpler solution might be to add a place where participants can quickly jot down a few tags as they write, such as characters & NPCs involved, challenges addressed, or whatever else they might feel is relevant. Then, later on, if anyone needs to reference something that character did, they could search the tag and pull up all posts…

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Not require three identical strength/weakness cards in character creation.

I realize people have lots of opinions about this.

My instinct would be to have one "constant" Strength or Weakness that returns to the player's hand after play, like a permanent schtick. You still get three choose-your-own and one write-your-own.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

FYI, we are still looking at this but the initial Gamma launch will have an evolutionary improvement. New characters will start with:

2 Strength cards
    2 wild Strength card
    2 Weakness cards
    2 wild Weakness cards

This gives you more flexibility at the start of the game (which you need it the most, because your character is new and not well-developed) without making the character creation process itself more complex.

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base