Skip to content

General

1026 results found

1. Option to Upload fitting music.

Having music for a specific scene could really help set a mood. Otherwise it could be difficult to determine just how much panic there is in a scene, or how empty a room is.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Re-organize Moves

I swear this was already suggested on here, but I've had trouble finding the original suggestion.

Sometimes players post things out of order - because of the asynchronous nature of the game. I think that if the narrator were allowed to re-organize the order of moves, this would be very useful. Also, the ability to reposition a move to a different scene (when necessary).

When the parallel scenes function comes in, combined with this ability to re-organize the order of moves (or even move them to other scenes)... the narrator will have significant organizational power over the entire game, being…

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow challenge point overrides

So, I understand that you usually only have three points per player per scene. It would be nice to allow a Narrator override if the fiction warrants or the players choose.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. More data on card plays

Basically, what I want as the narrator is to be able to tell how many cards a particular person has played in the scene, or what specific cards have been played on a given obstacle or person card. I find myself wanting that information frequently so that I can give prompts and help to people who are unsure of what to do, but having to do a bunch of math to figure it out.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Activity Summary now lists how many cards each player has played in a given scene and how far along each challenge is and how it is trending (Weak/Strong/Neutral).

5. Give the choice of three unique weaknesses and strengths. Also separate natures and skills.

Three of the same Weakness or Strength limits player expression and creativity. Well written characters have more than one defining positive or negative trait. Players may only play the cards x amount of times as before.

As a Narrator I don't feel it is my place to define the player's character for them by giving them additional weaknesses or strengths.

For my players I would like for them to be able to pick from a list of skills that is independent from the nature list. As it is right now they can pick either their race or a skill and…

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. create a review/ratings system for players

I've noticed in a few games that some people will show up for one or two comments and then just bail. This makes me worry when I think about making a game of my own because I want good, dedicated players who aren't just going to drop group.

I suggest some sort of feedback that can be visable on a character's profile, separated by player and narrator. Maybe something similar to the 1 - 5 star rankings on eBay. Players when exiting a game can give feedback on how the narrator did, and if a player abruptly bails or is…

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow for player card inventory editing

I've had some players take cards or play cards and the group felt it wasn't appropriate for that situation. It would be good for the narrator to be able to edit player card inventories to either increase or decrease card counts, or delete cards in hand.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Tag Categories

Ability to tag a story with categories users can search to find games they would be interested in.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. add more filtering options to Browse Games page

I'd really like to be able to filter the Browse Games page on multiple axes. For instance, I'd like to see 'Recent Activity' + 'More Than X Scenes', to identify long-running active games that I might want to follow.

Other filters I can imagine: number of players, name of narrator, name of participant, starting deck, time of last update.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Have an Etiquette Guideline

We're already running into trouble with god-modding and powerplaying, particularly with moves and information that is known to the players and shouldn't be known to characters, but players are choosing to ignore stated limits and undermine other people's actions. A short Guideline to these issues and how to avoid irritating other players would be a really good idea.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Give Narrators the Ability to Name Individual Chapters

I think it would add interest to the story if Narrators had the ability to add names to individual chapters. Compare the interest level between a section simply titled "Chapter 1" and one with a more descriptive title such as "Chapter 1: Odd Lights in the Woods"

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow assets to serve as Strong or Weak toward a challenge outcome

Sometime it doesn't make sense for an Asset to be neutral towards the outcome of a challenge. If you're trying to kill someone, for example, using a Gun asset seems like it would be awfully helpful. Or if you're trying to cover a long distance quickly, it seems odd that a Car asset would only be neutral. On the other side of things, if the challenge is to take care of some guards while attracting as little attention as possible, using a grenade would definitely take care of the guards, but it would also make a lot of noise and…

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add the ability to send a note when declining an invitation.

I just had to decline an invitation for a new game, and I must admit that it "feels rude" to simply hit the "Decline" button without being able to offer some sort of optional personal message ("Thanks very much for inviting me to your new game, but..."

Without the ability to explain WHY you are declining an invitation seems to me to have the potential of injecting an unintended "sense of rejection" where none is really intended.

thanks

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Separate profile records for suspensions of played games and narrated games

Currently, so far as I can tell, the count of suspended games in a player's profile contains all games that they were narrating and suspended, and all games that they were playing in that the narrator suspended.

I think it would be nice to separate those. That way, a person who has never narrated before but who has been in a few suspended games doesn't look like he, as a narrator, has suspended a lot of games. The current record could pretty easily be misunderstood, leading people to potentially avoid a narrator who hasn't actually suspended anything because it…

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. lose 'nudges'

Back in the day, when there were few communication options open to narrators, this may have been a really useful piece of functionality, so I'm absolutely not dissing the original decision to have it.

But now that there are character comment areas, PMs, discussion areas and comment sections, allowing for a 'nudge' seems to just encourage narrators to use a non-communicative automated response when a message would do a much better job.

Having spoken to some other folk, I've discovered that Storium users, on balance, find nudging to be irritating at best and at worst downright rude. If you think…

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Commentary comment box too small

On the main page for our game. This is about the Commentary area on the right side of the screen.

The box should be expanded down more or at least grow as I type. It doesn't show very much while I'm entering in Text.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Title Scenes

Like some books, giving the narrator the option of titling chapters.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Auto-Save for Story Descriptions and Character Bios

Auto-Save for Story Descriptions and Character Bios.

Seriously... why isn't this already a feature?

I can't tell you how many times I've had to start from scratch because I switch to a different tab to take care of something for a moment... just to switch back to the one I had open for Storium... click on the wrong part of the screen, and have all of the work I'd put into it for anywhere from thirty minutes to two hours just disappear because of that.

Its REALLY annoying and makes me not want to even bother sometimes. This REALLY needs…

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Not give completion credit for retired characters

It seems very peculiar that, when a story is completed, players whose characters retired from the story beforehand (often without ever making a single move) still have the story show as a completion in their profile.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. add an optional Challenge Outcome for Neutral

Sometimes a Strong and Weak outcome is enough for a narrator. Sometimes a Narrator wants to have different Strong, Neutral and Weak outcomes.

I suggest a checkbox for "Enable Neutral Outcome" which adds a new text input and text field between Strong and Weak.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General