Skip to content

General

1027 results found

1. Not have Assets count towards Card/Scene limits

I was discussing this with some of my other games-mechanically inclined friends, and we thought that it would be good if assets didn't count towards the three-card/player/scene limit. This would let players get a little more use out of them and for them to have a little more importance in the story. Since they are neutral in deciding outcomes in meeting obstacles, and because the number of assets in play is controlled by the narrator, I don't think it would be unbalancing, and it would give people more incentive to use them.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow any card to be Strong, Neutral, or Weak

Anything about a given character, whether that's their inherent traits, their goals, or their tools, will vary in usefulness and efficacy from situation to situation. I think Storium would be greatly improved if any card type could have any value (Strong, Neutral, or Weak) to reflect this. Right now the game engine tends to strain suspension of disbelief, but this change would help fix that.

Sometimes a gun is just the right thing to have, but sometimes it's just the wrong thing to have -- yet right now Storium says a Gun Asset card is only ever neutral. Similarly, sometimes…

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create a super-simple mobile app for tracking games and alerting you to new moves

A very simple mobile app to push alerts when someone either comments or moves in a game you are playing would be very handy. If it's not on your roadmap, hopefully a public API will allow someone else to build one.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Offer story narration guideline options for Narrators to chose

Offer some guideline options for Narrators to include in their story descriptions to help players understand the expectations of what they should and shouldn't do to other characters and how to interact when making moves. Examples:

"use the comments box to let other people know you are typing a move, and when you are done with it"

"use 3rd person omniscient point of view"
    "use 3rd person subjective point of view"
    (along with example/definition)

"please do not write actions for NPCs or other player characters"

"feel free to write actions for NPCs if you have control of the story, but…

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Option to Browse Games by Genre

I'd like to be able to look through all the games made with the Steampunk world, for example. As it is now, I spend a lot of time skimming past games in genres I'm not interested in. It would be very helpful to be able to filter all or a few of those out.

(An advanced search where you can check a box for each genre you want to browse would be heaven sent, in case one wants to look through Fantasy and Steampunk at the same time, for example, but not any of the others)

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to view 'X most recent moves' of a specific player

It'd be useful to have an option from a person's profile to view 'X most recent moves' (5, 10, variable) in order to get a sense of how that person writes and how frequently they make moves. Yes, we could just add them as a favorite and try to sift through our overall list for what the specific person has done, but this is time-consuming and imperfect.

This function could probably be linked in with plans for an upcoming search function (basically a one-button 'search for moves by this player' tool).

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Search button

You know the story's name but don't want to search game by game in the lists (looking for players, newly started etc...). A search button would be great!

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Private notes & stats about players

It would be nice to be able to have a private set of notes about certain players. For example - I go look at BOB'S profile, and see that I played 2 games with him and left a note 'Great RP'er, aggressive with cards) or more usefully, 'Great responses, slow response time' or even 'Avoid, causes drama'

Perhaps also statistics. "Played 5 games with this player - Completed 2" etc.

These notes would should only be visible on your own account and removable/editable so we can start to recognize who we know in this community and whom we are interacting…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Several tiny intimate story combined creates one larger far-reaching story!

After reading through the forum, I came upon a topic relating to free play and membership and it cites, "three people per story led to the most successful games". A statement I found informative, sparking a idea.

The idea is simple, why not allow the creation of several self contained stories, each populated with three different people plus the host, inhabiting the same world/story space, with two unique
    mechanics, the first and second being, that each self contained story can choose to interact with one another and exchange people/players as long as its implicated within the plot.
    A additional optional…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Recent Game Activity Pane

I would love to see a docking pane under games on my home page that, when clicked, show recent activity. Additionally, it would be great if it highlights when there is new/unseen activity. I personally find myself sometimes missing activity in games because another game gets a lot of activity in a short amount of time and "pushes" the other game off the recent notifications list. This would be a cool way to solve it!

Here are some mockups I made to show how I think it would work

1: Home page, no new game activity
    2: Home page, 1…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A micro-wiki for keeping track of created canon

Something that would be useful for a longer-term game would be a player-viewable reference to NPCs, locations, etc. documented in the canon, probably something editable by everyone. (Perhaps this already exists, but the game we're playing is too new to use it.)

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We are planning to do this! It will probably happen around the time of our Kickstarter campaign, sooner if we can manage. There will be wiki-like pages for both narrators and for players. Pre-built Storium worlds will come with “canon” content for both pages, and then participants will be able to add to them. Sound good?

12. Permit more than one Place Card for each scene.

I understand that only one Place Card can be played per scene.

If this is not true, please let me know, soon---my game could start as soon as this weekend (April 26th)...

A Scene should not be defined by one place---many scenes in literature flow from one location to another.

Having the ability to play, perhaps, three Place Cards per scene would allow more literary "fidelity".........

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create an app

I'm not sure if it was included in the base kickstarter or if it was one of the stretch goals but it would be incredibly nice to be able to play this on a mobile device without the bad user interface offered by the Internet browser.

My apologies if this is already in the works.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow narrators to delete games

It's great that we can retire games, but we should still have the ability to delete a game. Not all narrators are treated well and not all games have cooperative players. If the narrator wishes to withdraw the effort and be done with it, they should have the right to-- they're the ones doing the lion's share of the effort. How did this get taken from us with 10 votes?

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We will figure out a way to allow game deletion while also respecting players’ rights to their own content. This may take a bit because our current architecture doesn’t support editing a game’s history, extracting a specific user’s contributions, or exporting game content. All of these things are planned, though.

15. don't automatically accept characters submitted by players who were sent invitations

Just because I want my friend to play my game, doesn't mean their initial character concept will be perfect for it. I realize you have the option to ask for revisions AFTER it's been automatically accepted, but I don't see any reason why invitees' submissions should be treated any differently from those submitted through open invitations. Particularly since people are now using the forums to advertise their games and sending invites to anyone who shows interest, which is basically the same as an open invitation. Also, it makes you look awfully flaky if players keep seeing that you've accepted their…

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Dark Site Version

I'm not a fan of all white sites and perhaps a switch to a black/white site would do my eyes some good :) Thank you~

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Theme, Background, Skin, Color Change

It would be nice if we could change the appearance of the website as we are looking at it. I would like to see something a bit darker and the ability to change the background I am looking at. Even if this means that there are 4-5 universal options rather than allowing players to upload and change these things themselves.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Private character notes

Have a section for players where they can add private notes about their characters. It could be background information, secret subplot ideas, characters or cities they want to remember or more.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. should find stories by language.

Since english is not my mother tongue it would be nice to have an additional language attribute to be searched / filtered for. Furthermore it would be easier to find open games in One's native language.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Who favorites my game?

I noticed my game has been favorited by people. I can see why making favorites public may be a bit intrusive, but it would be cool if I could know whether these are actual people outside my game interested in what's going on, if it's the players within my game, or what. Basically, I'd like it if favorites worked more like followers on Twitter.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 51 52