Skip to content

General

1027 results found

1. RSS feed for individual games

The email notifications are great, but get caught by the spam filter sometimes. An RSS feed would be a GREAT backup to the email notification to know when someone moved or made a comment in a game.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Invite other player(s) to review move draft and suggest edits

Sometimes we have to "take control" of another player's character in our moves... it would be nice to be able to invite specific players to review the move draft and allow them to suggest edits. We should allow unlimited iterations of drafts/review/edits.

This feature will also allow two players to build a dialogue.

I've previously used Google Docs for this, but I think it's better if I don't have to share my Google account to every Storium player I have to collaborate moves with. :)

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Weaknesses as Strengths and vice versa

We have all witnessed, lived, or read of situations where weakness blooms into triumph and strengths have become liabilities. I'm suggesting adding a "Tag" to the strength/weakness cards. A player can then "tag" a weakness, indicating its use that turn as a strength, or they can tag a strength, indicating its use that turn as a weakness.Tags are of course limited (maybe 3 uses per story?). I realize wildcards can serve the same general purpose but they lack dramatic flair.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add a "For Readers" blurb to game setup

When browsing for something to read, it would be nice to have a short description of each game written specifically for readers, not to attract players. Just a single paragraph that shows up to the right (like the Featured games blurb does) or below (where the Game Description goes on the Looking for Players screen) on the Most Followed, Recent Activity, Newly Started, and Completed screens. This could be an optional thing for narrators to fill out, but I think it would really help people figure out at a glance if they wanted to read a story, where right…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Tag Cards in the Narration

It would be cool to give the narrator the option to tag words pertaining to available asset cards. For example, if there's a rusty knife available for pickup in this scene, then when the narrator writes "A rusty knife stick up from the body's chest," I think it would make sense for the narrator to be able to make the words "rusty knife" bold, or even have them link to the card itself.

This could potentially work with any kind of card.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add a comments section for non-players

I'm following a game that I'm not part of. I'd like to be able to tell them how much I'm enjoying it. Could we have a section for non-players to be able to add comments. Perhaps with narrator moderation?

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. add markdown formatting to Challenge Cards

Could you please add Markdown formatting for Challenge cards? Markdown is used almost everywhere else, even Strength/Weakness cards. It makes sense to allow at least a limited subset in challenges, especially when trying to provide sensible direction to players.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback!

Just wanted to make sure you saw that you can write and save scene drafts? That allows you to write the next scene before publishing it.

If you’re talking about writing scenes that are further into the story’s future — say, beyond the next scene — that seems difficult since the narrator doesn’t yet know what the players are going to do next, right?

Thanks for any additional thoughts on this…

9. List how many people have taken Natures next to Natures in character creation

I think it would be useful for games with a lot of players where the Natures are fairly exclusionary, for example, the open starship game I'm planning with lots of exclusive roles as Nature, such as captain, second in command, etc.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Collaborative Game Building

As a narrator, I like to build games around my players and invite my players to be invested in the world by creating a people or places that they define going into the story so I'm not having to force feed exposition.

I'd like to request a workflow which allows the narrator to invite players first, before customizing the world, and submit or request cards (of any type) for consideration in the game (with the usual ability of the narrator to approve/reject), before players build their decks.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Character Submission Closure

Hello,

I recently was writing up a character submission, and while I was proof-reading it, the narrator closed the submissions. When I went to save, I was told that I could no longer submit what I had spent my time on creating - a character rooted in ideas based on the story he wanted to tell.

I would've loved the opportunity to, at least, submit what I had written. Thankfully, I copied and pasted the text into another document, otherwise, it would've been lost completely.

Is it possible that if you are mid-character creation that you be given a timeframe…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A "reply" function in scenes - to aid asynchronous play

Usually when a game is advertised as asynchronous, it's generally reassuring you that it's an atmosphere where you don't have to worry about the game moving on without you. However, that isn't the case with Storium's system as is.

Some enthusiastic players end up posting a lot, while those with less time online... come back to find that they can't properly respond to other players who've attempted to interact with their character (many posts earlier).

I thought, perhaps, a "reply" function in scenes would allow casual players the option to engage in the collaborative process at any point in a…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add Custom Limits on Cardplay

Allow Narrator to set custom limits on card play. In particular, I'd like to be able to customize:

• Number of cards playable per character per scene
    • Number of cards playable per character per obstacle
    • Number of cards playable per character per move
    17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Narrators are now able to specify number of cards playable per character per scene. This can be altered on a scene by scene basis.

Thanks!

14. "Blocking" cards

Here's a weird idea.

"Blocker" cards must be played, at least one per challenge, until they're all gone. You can play a strength or a weakness or an item as well, but until the blocker cards are gone, they must be played. Worse, they count as 'weak'.

However, when you finish the stack, you get a wild strength for each blocker card you played.

What would these be used for? "Chained up". "Drunk." "Dazed". Anything where there's an ongoing, temporary effect that drains a character. Narrators could place them like objects or give them to characters as appropriate.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Rotate narrators by chapter

Rotating narration scene by scene is great, but it would allow players to stretch their legs a little more and create their own story arcs if the option to rotate narrators could be set to a chapter by chapter basis in addition to or instead of scene by scene. It keeps the collaborative nature of scene-by-scene but allows for deeper content.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. narrator created description tabs

I am mostly interested in fantasy. That being said, I am in the process of creating my Ideal World. The problem is, short of a gigantic wall of text, there is really no way for me to post a description of my world or general Geographic layout, religion and God structure, or even better detailed description of different species and races inhabiting areas.

I would like to be able to create different tabs and sub-tabs to describe different aspects of my world. Preferably user-created tabs. For example God's, Elves, Humans, Description of kingdom x, y, z... And so on.

So…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. make goal cards private.

This may already be the case (and I can just see them because I'm narrating), but I just gave my players contradictory goals to experiment with texture in the narrative. Is that visible to the players? Or do they just know they've been given a personal goal?

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently, any card in play is visible to everyone, and each characters’ cards are visible to everyone. The only cards that are “private” are the ones that the narrator holds in their hand.

We’ve toyed with various ideas for making some information “secret”. This is a good addition that we will put into the mix, thank you.

18. PC Information available only to Narrator

Players often develop very detailed histories for their characters, including information that may play into the plot but that they only want the Narrator to know until the appropriate time.

Having a section of the Character Sheet that is only visible to that player and the Narrator would allow this. It would also allow for more chances to integrate the players and the story more closely.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Filter/Search/Keywords/Tags

I'm sure that this has been mentioned multiple times by now, already. But you could definitely use a sorting and filing system to make it easier for the user base to locate certain scenarios or fandoms. A generalized search menu would be great, for starters. Maybe the narrators could attach tags upon creation for quick look ups? And filter to separate things such as NSFW (which could mean anything) violence/drug use/sex/suicide etc could even have different categories.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Flag characters who are out of moves/cards

Since you can only have three cards per scene, it'd be useful to flag a character in a scene who had played his three. Useful for you, since you know you can't play any more and useful for other players since they know they have to carry the can.

Likewise, it would be useful to flag someone who just ran out of cards and is picking up his hand again.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 51 52