Skip to content

General

1027 results found

1. Open Submissions by slot/number/type

Currently the only way to have character submissions available is all open. It would be nice to have the ability to open X number of slots, and when the narrator accepts a character, decriment the number of open slots. It would be even nicer if you could open X number of slots of type Y, so a narrator can specify 1 magic user, 2 detectives, etc so both potential applicants see what's open and the narrator isn't flooded with ten apps when they want to have three slots.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Create an option to create multiple threads or rooms within the Green Room.

In my game Pantheons, where the players play gods, we often have extensive OOC discussions about how the world works and how we want it to work, as well as coordinating for future plans. Often multiple major, complex lines of discussion are pursued at the same time, and with ten or more players, it gets confusing and chaotic fast. I would love to be able to organize the discussion like the game's own little forum. Discuss how the calendar works in this part of the Green Room, over here coordinate on greatworks, over here coordinate on the celestial Court assignments,…

75 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. green room

In any game you are a narrator or player in when someone else posts in the green room, put a link to the green room instead of the game page in the notification.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. create a filing or tagging system for cards.

I'm running a pretty detailed story, and I'm finding that even though I've only set up for the first two scenes, I have more cards than is easy to keep track of. Right now I'm maintaining them in a spreadsheet, but it would be nice to have some kind of filing or tagging system where, when I'm setting a scene, I can search for all the cards that belong to that "group" rather than having to manually figure it out from the pile in my narrator screen.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Keep a list of recently viewed stories

Basically like how Amazon shows the list of items that you have previously looked at, Storium should keep a list of the stories you have previously clicked on/looked at.

This would definitely help people like me who have accidentally left the page of a story they were interested in (and don't remember the title of the story...) but forgot to favorite it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Rotate narrators by chapter

Rotating narration scene by scene is great, but it would allow players to stretch their legs a little more and create their own story arcs if the option to rotate narrators could be set to a chapter by chapter basis in addition to or instead of scene by scene. It keeps the collaborative nature of scene-by-scene but allows for deeper content.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fill in challenges with different colors based on the cards

Currently, challenges show empty squares until someone plays a card them, and then they fill in with green. I would like the colors to correspond to the cards--perhaps green for strong, red for weak, and grey for neutral--so players don't have to keep scrolling up to check what the balance is before they play their own cards.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Request a do-over of a scene

Sometimes a scene stalls because of a bad write-up of a beginning and then several boring challenges afterwards. It would be nice if there was a "redo scene" button, of course with all the players consent because it's also their writing that will be reverted.

This would help reinvigorate old games, ones that got off to a good start and then ends with a sub-par scene which would have been better off just scrapping and starting the scene-that-messed-things-up over again.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The (Editable) Lore Page: Our Stories' Origins

The way a story starts in storium is through a first scenario, based on what? Theres no place to describe the lore on which the story is dependent on. It would be nice if there was a dedicated tab within the game where there was an editable lore. This would give a solid visual of the world in which the story is based in.
    It would be great if it had a controlled edit, where the host could assign certain users, or all trusted users in a private game, the ability to edit the lore as well, so that everyone…

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Keep challenge outcomes if you remove a challenge from a scene

I often struggle with when/how to implement certain challenges I have planned, which means I sometimes add then remove challenges (on occasion multiple times) from scenes. It's frustrating to write two separate outcomes, only to have to re-write (or copy text, delete the challenge, then paste and edit) challenges. I would like to see an option to "Remove with outcomes intact" option for challenges, so if I decide to use the challenge later I can simply choose "Challenge 1 w/outcomes" from my cards.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. make narrator's list of players sortable

The list of players appears to be sorted by some unknown function, possibly join date. There are times when i need to list players by player name, or charaacter name or even status.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow players to create a 'Will Not Play With' List

Sometimes people don't get along. Letting people say whom they don't get along with, and information a narrator if they're about to add someone to a game with a foe might be helpful.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow different picture dimensions.

Right now, the only pictures that work well with Storium is landscape view. The picture places itself over the text. It would be nice, we had the option to align the picture vertically next to the text.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Shuffling Deck

Greetings,

I would like to propose tbe idea of shuffling decks. Shuffling the cards and bring new and innovate twists to stories and provide a challenge for the players and Narrator in creating far more interesting outcomes.

The amount of cards drawn per challenge could be a limit left to the desire of the Narrator (or the group as a whole). As well as bonuses could be bestowed to cards played which aid the players (such as playing a strength card which adds an extra card to your hand, playing a weakness which allows you to reshuffle a card in…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. more customizable pre-made characters

I love the idea of the Pre-Made characters, largely because, for instance, a noire game needs a femme-fatale, a engenue and a hard-boiled detective (or reporter), however, i don't feel the need to tell the player what weaknesses and strengths should be chosen.

I tried creating a game with pre-made characters and my player was able to edit the name and description, but was stuck with the strengths and weaknesses that i chose.

I'm sure this isn't a high priority, but i'd love to be able to set a customizability level. Something like: lock nature only; lock nature, strengths, weaknesses;…

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Notifications, Part Two

And the option doesn't even seem to exist to turn off the annoying "you should invite people to play in your game now" email.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. limit how often a game can appear on the 'Looking for Players' page.

Some games seem to reappear on the Looking for Players page with monotonous regularity--usually the ones with essays for descriptions. There are several that I seem to scroll past (and past, and past) on a daily basis.

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Window Expansion Bug

I was expanding a text window, and when it goes over the comments the text from the window and that of the comments combine making it impossible to read the text where there is an overlap. So far everything else as worked like a charm.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add an Inactive Category for Cast

Our longtime game has had some retired characters but some people drift off for for long periods. I don't want to retire them without their request but would like to sideline them so they aren't cluttering the active list of cast members. It could also move them out of the activity summary.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Is there a way to edit or delete a comment?

Sometimes, after I put in a comment, I realize the comment was either unnecessary or unclear. I would like to be able to either revise or delete it. Is there a way to do that?

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 51 52