Skip to content

General

1027 results found

1. Provide Hosts with a "Please Hand Off Your Character" button

A lot of Hosts have run into the problem of players that disappear on them and the only choice you have is to force retire the character. When the character is one you genuinely need, it's highly annoying! So what if there was a way for the Storium system to provide the player with a polite way to complete the hand-off without having to suffer the embarrassment of interacting with the Host whom they have let down, or having to do anything more than send a hurried "Yes" in response to an email? Or click a button within that email?…

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Offer Email Alerts for Open Games for Beginners

On the Games for Beginners page, if no games are currently available, there should be an option for an email alert to notify when a game is available.

I am a new member, and currently no games are available. I will continue to check, but after several attempts, I may stop out of frustration or forgetting. Having this option will likely retain new members who may otherwise find it difficult to join a beginner game.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Linking Stories into a Series

As Storium continues, it is possible people will want to link multiple stories into a continuity (or a "saga", perhaps?). We should give them the option to list links to the previous stories for people to be able to reference.

84 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Green Room link, bottom of the screen as well

Please include a Green Room link at the bottom of the screen as well as the top, so that while following the new posts in a story, near the bottom of the screen, we can also see new Green Room posts.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. New Player Engagement

In my experience, new player engagement has been awfully difficult, My relatively short Storium career has gone. Join site. Browse for game. Look for beginner game. No beginner games accepting new players. Look for regular game. No regular games accepting new players. Check Looking for Group forum. New game starting that needs players. Create character. Character Rejected. ...Are we having fun yet??

There has to be an easier way to get a game going, am I missing something?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble you’ve had getting into a game! We’re going to recruit more Mentors soon to run more beginner games. But truly, the best way to get playing is to bring your friends to Storium. You can start a game and invite friends via Facebook or via email. Once they’ve joined-up you can use the Green Room to decide what you want to play, and you can hand-off the host and narrator roles to someone else, if you want!

6. narrator created description tabs

I am mostly interested in fantasy. That being said, I am in the process of creating my Ideal World. The problem is, short of a gigantic wall of text, there is really no way for me to post a description of my world or general Geographic layout, religion and God structure, or even better detailed description of different species and races inhabiting areas.

I would like to be able to create different tabs and sub-tabs to describe different aspects of my world. Preferably user-created tabs. For example God's, Elves, Humans, Description of kingdom x, y, z... And so on.

So…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Indents.

I would like to be able to indent. Currently, I don't believe it's possible to as a player. Though I suppose it works just as well, or possibly better, to just have it on a new paragraph, indentation still feels like a rather important option for a site based around writing.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. How about personal word-count statistics?

I'd be interested in knowing my personal word count in games, over time, etc.

For example, if I could learn that I have written 12,500 words in a particular game over a span of 20 scenes, or something like that.

A total word count for all games? Just some sort of personal writing stats I could review. It would be helpful for people who have writing goals.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Historical Fiction?

I teach world history and would love a way for students to "play through" historical settings. Could we look for authors to add historical fiction modules?

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. add more photo storage.

Our characters are from an MMO that allows an almost infinite number of character costumes and appearances. It'd be great fun to be able to add multiple "looks" for our characters: work, play, and so on. AND to be able to see more than the tiny avatars.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Normalize "blockquote" to HTML standards

In HTML, "blockquote" is used to pre-format text without using more advanced formatting and styles. It preserves and passes on everything you type within the container, including blank lines, which your blockquote does not, it deletes them, even if you put ">" at the beginning of a blank line. Also, it preserves extra spaces within the line, so that you can move text to the right using spaces. Your current blockquote does little more than apply a vertical line to the left of what you type, and remove blank lines that ordinary text would preserve.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Fullblown HTML for posts please?

Can we please have access to the full range of HTML coding for writing in games? The handicapped markup is just not enough!

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Can we please add the "minor edits" button to characters?

Like it says on the tin. Sometimes it'd be nice to have people be able to keep tinkering during the intro stages of a game or while it's in play and their character develops without having a notifiaction every single time.

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Consequences: Negative Assets

While positive assets serve as strengths that may be received through the story, there should also be an option to reflect injuries and the results of bad decisions that may come back to haunt the character.

These "consequences", as the Fate system would call them, could be given just the same way as normal assets, and also offered for pick-up.

One example for a situation where this would be useful:

Character A, whose side story is to "get all the gold!", enters a trapped vault. If the player just plays the neutral side story card, they can advance the story,…

94 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Friendlist

Hey,
    I would apreciate it, if you could add people to a friendlist to stay in touch with people you like to play with and to make it more comfortable to invite your friends to a story you re hosting.
    ~Stein

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. allow "cardless games" & scenes

Allow hosts to make a game or single scene cardless.

In a cardless game, narrators still have place, character and obstacle cards to use in a scene, but players do not have to choose any cards for a challenge when playing.

In a cardless scene, same deal, just no challenges will occur.

Why cardless? Allows more flexibility in creating games, and makes the opposite end of the spectrum possible concerning Game Style (An absolute on Focus on Writing, except hosts don't need to make a minimum of cards to start a game, and players don't need to pick cards at…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Suggestion re: licensing

I'd like to suggest adding the ability to filter games by license.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Stay on and display challenge card you just saved & date cards

When I create and save a challenge card on the game page in a narrator move it goes into the deck and the card display is cleared. Then I have to go hunt the (large long!) deck of challenge cards and try to remember what I just named that card to find it, select it for re-display in order to edit further or play it. Please leave the current card displayed.

Perhaps some kind of indicator of the date a card was created and the ability to sort by date as well as alphabetically would be super useful. Then I…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Using Ideal to pay

So I recently joined storium and want to become a member. Unfortunately I can't become one since I do not own a credit card or PayPal account. I can imagine that more European players might have this problem. Which is why I wanted to ask to include Ideal in the paying options.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Implement counters/tokens for keeping track of numbers of things

Card mechanics are useful inside challenges but are not always useful for keeping track of certain details that are important to the story but don't directly drive the plot.

Cards can only be played as part of a challenge and there are only so many challenge points available for each scene.

My idea is to implement Counters (or Tokens) which are not played directly but are used to help Narrators and Players keep track of something, such as 'shots fired', items in an inventory, 'health points', 'mana points', or anything else there might be one or more of.

Each player…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?