Skip to content

General

1027 results found

1. Adding dices or random results.

Add option to throw dices. Or add random results to some actions.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow us to 'clean up' our own profiles.

I'd like us to be able to, individually, edit which of our games show up on our profile.

I was mostly concerned with the "Completed Games" list because there are games on that list which, for varied reasons, I do not think I've "earned", if that makes sense. As such, they don't reflect "me" as a writer.

I brought this up on the following thread: https://storium.com/forums#/category/general/thread/409pvw

On there, it was also suggested that there are games on the other lists that would be good to showcase, even if they were suspended, etc.

So not exactly "hiding" our histories, just adding…

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Give Narrators the option to put moves in the right order

Naturally players respond on a challenge when they have time. Usually this results in moves that are out of order, interrupting conversations and the like. For the player this isn't much of an issue but I see it turning away readers. Maybe you could give narrators the option to move the moves around the page so that they can happen in the chronological order

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow option to name Chapters and Scenes via actual word boxes.

Pretty much what it says, allow the option to name chapters and scenes outside of the main post. People currently do this, so implementing it officially would not be a terrible idea.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Link similar stories to the one a player is viewing

As the amount of finished Storium games grows and grows, it might be fun for readers of a Storium session to get suggested links attached to that story - stories that are similar in genre, fandom, type, etc. It could be a great way to feature stories that a reader might not discover otherwise, all depending on the type of content they're interested in reading.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Let narrators give an Asset stack to multiple players at the same time

There are often situations in which a narrator needs to hand an asset stack to multiple characters within the same move or put down multiple stacks of the same Asset/Goal for pick-up.

If I wanted to give 3 players 1 of the same asset, the current process for that is:
    1. "Give"
    2. Select quantity (mouse clicks)
    3. Select the player
    4. "Confirm"
    5. (Repeat 3 times)

It would be really helpful if we had checkboxes (or a Shift+Click) to select multiple players under "Choose a Player" in the "Give" pop-up so that things are more like:

1. "Give"
    2. Select quanity…
    5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow people to choose multiple different strength/weakness cards.

Like, I find it weird that you can only chose one card to start with, but you get duplicates. You SHOULD get to chose multiple different cards.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Implement Competitive Challenges

There are some parts of Storium that use fights between two player characters as a way to push the story a bit. However, it is clear that the narrator has to create some sort of system in order to implement this system.

So I suggest this: what if we assign cards "points"? Let's say that each strength and weakness card has 2 points. Weakness subtracts two points from the character who played the card, while strength does the opposite. The points of goal, subplot and asset cards are left up to the narrator. Whoever puts up the most points wins…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Show a narrotor guide when someone starts making a custom character.

Hi there!

As a user of Storium and a narrator I thought something was lacking whem I created a new character for a game. Or wanted people to adhere to a set of guidelines when they are creating one for a game I am narrating.

So I suggest that when someone clicks “custom character” that the narrator can include a small text (say 500 words to keep it concise) that once more informs players of some guidelines that one would like to see in a character. And during the process of making a character have this piece of text but…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Create a Section in User Profiles for Previously Created Cards

I think it would be fantastic if within our profiles (either private or public) was a tab for viewing our previously created cards and characters. This would give us a reference point for stories we will create in the future and enhance our personal experience as we could look back on our previous ideas.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Create a space for NPC character sheets

I realize that, in general, the idea is for player characters to move the action forward. However, some stories need NPC's with detailed histories and developed personalities, which a narrator doesn't necessarily want adopted out. In one of the games I created, the NPC's were characters I had developed and knew extensively. I needed them for the story, but I did not want other people playing them and changing them. But aside from their challenge cards, there was no real way to make them usable by anyone but me.

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. change card limits at any time and individually

I'm glad that we can change the card play limit when we start the game.

However, I think we should also be able to change it at any time, as some scenes should feel like there is more going on in them than others.

And I also think we should have the ability to set different card limits for each player at any time. This could be useful for introducing new players into it by giving them fewer options at first... and for things like representing crippling injuries that a character suffers during the game.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Narrators can change the card play limit from scene to scene through the Green Room. Changes will take hold when the new scene starts.

13. Instead of choosing characters, choose players.

In a way that is really hurtful, Storium excels at making narrators cherry-pick characters rather than engaging players to get to know each other. Why not create characters collaboratively, discuss what would work best, as a group. As a regular player of both Storium, storytelling and character-driven roleplay, I feel the way to make the tightest group with characters that work well together is to make the players get to know each other and discuss things among each other.
    Why not?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With the Open Lobby narrators are now able to start a discussion with interested players and curate a group before going anywhere near the character-picking stage. Once they are happy with their group they can then send invitations to allow them to create characters and begin a game together.

14. Produce a physical copy of Storium for tabletop game groups.

With fairly vague cards that we can interpret at the table, we could play Storium around the table. Social challenges like 'Betrayal by a trusted NPC' and physical challenges like 'Fight!' or 'Escape!' are generic enough to be used in any kind of story, but specific enough to inspire.

Likewise single adjectives for strengths and weakness like 'The Strongest in the Room' or 'Tragically short sighted planning' can be interpreted in a variety of ways, but still have flavor.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Storium: Chat variant

Sometimes, a group prefers short, focused session where there is little to no risk of people dropping out mid-way while also keeping the flow and narrative dynamics of a Storium game intact. This is of course probably more of a long-term thing, but it would be great if a chat-based variant for single or few-session real-time games could be considered.

The rules could remain largely the same, as could the structure. However, instead of the forum-inspired play-by-post interface, the game would use a chat interface where players could make their posts. In order to keep the sequence of events, individual…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. How do I get at the custom cards I've created in other games?

I've narrated several games, and in the course of them, I've created, probably, hundreds of Strength and Weaknesses of a generic sort useful for any a game.

When I am setting up a new game, is there a way I can get at those custom cards I've created myself? For Add cards, I see "Add from world" and "Add custom" but the latter only seems to look at the current game, not other games I have created.

Is there a way to do this that I am missing?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. lose 'nudges'

Back in the day, when there were few communication options open to narrators, this may have been a really useful piece of functionality, so I'm absolutely not dissing the original decision to have it.

But now that there are character comment areas, PMs, discussion areas and comment sections, allowing for a 'nudge' seems to just encourage narrators to use a non-communicative automated response when a message would do a much better job.

Having spoken to some other folk, I've discovered that Storium users, on balance, find nudging to be irritating at best and at worst downright rude. If you think…

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add Decks or Tags for Narrator cards

As a narrator who enjoys mechanic-heavy games with large numbers of unique cards and the current options for card organization are a little on the lean side as-is.

Currently, a Narrator has to go through a very long list of cards on a very small selection interface to hunt down what they need.

A feature that allows Narrators to organize Obstacle/Character, Asset, and Goal cards into Decks would be extremely helpful.

For instance, if a player character were going to schmooze at a party, a narrator might use:

Deck: Schmancy Party
    - Obstacle: Traffic Jam
    - Obstacle: That Stain on…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Recent Game Activity Pane

I would love to see a docking pane under games on my home page that, when clicked, show recent activity. Additionally, it would be great if it highlights when there is new/unseen activity. I personally find myself sometimes missing activity in games because another game gets a lot of activity in a short amount of time and "pushes" the other game off the recent notifications list. This would be a cool way to solve it!

Here are some mockups I made to show how I think it would work

1: Home page, no new game activity
    2: Home page, 1…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. True Shared Narration

Single narration is great. And rotating narration adds a fun bit of chaos to proceedings...

but there are times when two or more people want to narrate a story together... and while handing narration back and forth is perfectly functional... games with more than one regular or even semi-regular narrator would flow much more smoothly if we could share narration duties with someone right from the start without either handing back and forth or manipulating the rotating narration system to get that to work.

So... yeah... another narration button in the game management screen would be great... that lets us…

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?