General

1. Give Narrator full edit control always

Sometimes mistakes happen, retcons need to be applied. Please give the narrator the ability to edit everything in the story at any time. Hopefully experienced players will rarely need it, but even the best players make mistakes.

144 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tag Categories

Ability to tag a story with categories users can search to find games they would be interested in.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. It would be great if there was some kind of search function within a story

...to be able to search for the occurrence of a certain word/s in a story, for instance, "golden harp". This would allow a player to be able to read all the times this has appeared in the story and refresh ones memory of how and when it was mentioned. At the moment trying to keep up continuity without having to re-read the whole pervious story is quite hard.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. All Player Accessible NPC information page?

A simple editable document (basic formatting and bullet points) attached to each game, accessible to players and Narrators only, to jot notes to maintain continuity during the story. Players/Narrator could use the page to include NPC names, important plot point, bit of backstory, etc for use specifically during the composition of a move. It would need to be accessible to players while writing moves, but not need to include as many details as would be included on a previously suggested 'cast list' of NPCs.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great suggestion, thank you! We actually have this in our evil plans. Worlds will come with narrator and player-oriented documents that provide backstory, plot ideas, etc. You’ll be able to edit and add to these in the course of play!

6. Not require three identical strength/weakness cards in character creation.

I realize people have lots of opinions about this.

My instinct would be to have one "constant" Strength or Weakness that returns to the player's hand after play, like a permanent schtick. You still get three choose-your-own and one write-your-own.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

FYI, we are still looking at this but the initial Gamma launch will have an evolutionary improvement. New characters will start with:

2 Strength cards
    2 wild Strength card
    2 Weakness cards
    2 wild Weakness cards

This gives you more flexibility at the start of the game (which you need it the most, because your character is new and not well-developed) without making the character creation process itself more complex.

7. Allow for player card inventory editing

I've had some players take cards or play cards and the group felt it wasn't appropriate for that situation. It would be good for the narrator to be able to edit player card inventories to either increase or decrease card counts, or delete cards in hand.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Phone App

Have a Storium App added to the App store so I can play wherever I go

116 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Personal Character Library for Players

While we get an email with a character copy when a Narrator closes a game, if you quit a game, or if you're removed, you lose your character for good.

And that is particularly annoying\sad especially on characters with complex and custom cards. I would like to know if it would be possible to:

a) Allow players to keep copies of all of their characters in their account, no matter what the status of the story (active, inactive, etc).
    b) Have the possibility to "reapply" a character, by submitting it to another story.

So, b) would be possible by adding…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. let players spectate for certain scenes

So, this is more a comment in 4+ player games, but I'm in a 2-player game right now for which it's also relevant.

It's not always reasonable that each character will be in every scene, but right now there's no way to handle that except for people to willfully refrain from participating.

That works kind of, but it doesn't alter the available currency for the narrator in the scene. (Or rather, when the "you're spending more challenge points than the players can resolve" message pops up.)

Also, it can be easy to forget when folks are deliberately spectating.

So I…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow players to edit moves and have narrators approve them

Sometimes, players make small typos that don’t really hinder the game, but they are bothersome upon rereading. Instead of the narrator requesting revisions, it would be cool if players could edit their move and the revised version went to the narrator for approval (preferably with highlights of the edits). Then, the narrator could approve or deny the changes and they either go public or return to the player with an explanation.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Mark notifications as "read".

Right now, there's no way to tell at a glance if any of the notifications are new to me. I can look at the notification area, and see that Bob made a move 30 minutes ago, and Sally made a comment an hour ago. But I look and go "... Crap, did I read that one already?" And then I have to open up each of the games in question and check.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Autorefresh homepage notifications

I don't want my email spammed with all the notifications from the games I'm in, but I do like to know when stuff is moving quickly. It would be *super* handy if the notifications sidebar on the player homepage refreshed itself when new moves/comments happened.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Rich Text Editor

I'm kind of surprised Storium doesn't have this yet, and it would really speed up posting without having to go back and edit formatting mistakes and such several times. Is this something we can look forward to, including the ability to put coloured text and images into our posts?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. make "Name your character" easy to find.

Creating a character, all but the name. There's no place to put the name.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Customize Card Orientation

Allow narrators to choose between landscape and portrait orientation for card art. This greatly widely art options as well as solving the problem of how/where to align the card type overlay on images.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. make it so non members can have more charcters

This would make it so more beginner stories would sprout up. We need those. Lots more people would join your site and write stories. You've got a good website that has a chance to be great.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Maybe having a search boxes

We should have a search box, so we can find what we want to roleplay in. Some people (like me) want to find some anime roleplaying, or fandom roleplaying. And we have no idea on how to find it.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. an FAQ for common questions & problems

i run into minor issues from time to time that have nothing to do with how to play storium, which is the only thing it talks about in the Help section. i think it would be extremely helpful if there were an easily accessible FAQ

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. give notification-triggering @user mentions visually distinct formatting

The ability to @ someone in game comments is great, but this feature is not consistent across the site.

Would it be possible to make it so that an @ mention which has triggered a notification is somehow visibly distinct from regular text? Changing the font weight or linking to the user's Storium profile (if they're a valid user) would be sufficient I think.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base